Author Topic: What error is this?  (Read 2352 times)

FengK

What error is this?
« on: June 10, 2009, 07:49:46 PM »
Since yesterday, I've been getting this error message a lot. Haven't found a consistent pattern yet as to when this message will pop up. but it happens a lot. Has anyone seen this before? Any suggestion? Thanks.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: What error is this?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 08:04:51 PM »
be sure to DETACH any and all SOURCE files from your drawing....

and or send me a copy of the file that is producing this 'random' error Kelly
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

FengK

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 04:00:03 AM »
Thanks Michael. There isn't any resource drawings. I get this error just by starting and blank drawing followed by a "SaveAs". I was thinking there may be something wrong with the default template. Then I tried creating a new drawing using "acad.dwt" as template, got the same error.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 08:58:27 AM »
Please send me a copy of your template to investigate...

It might be a saved (internal) query that is looking for a Source file, and as you have no drawings attached the error pops up.
Check your Map task pane carefully.  As such the error might not show up on my system.

Set the path for the Default Query File Directory to a valid path (valid path is the path where the acadmap.ini is located).
Open the acadmap.ini file with a text editor, such as Notepad, and make sure the line "QueryFileDirectory" contains a valid path (should be the path where the acadmap.ini file resides and specified in Autodesk Map).
To resolve this problem in older versions of AutoCAD Map and AutoCAD Land Development Desktop:

From the Map menu, choose Utilities.
In the Source File dialog box, select the Query tab.
Set the path for the Query File Directory to a valid path (Open the acadmap.ini file with a text editor, such as Notepad, and make sure the line "QueryFileDirectory" contains a valid path (should be the path where the acadmap.ini file resides and specified in Autodesk Map).
).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 09:33:22 AM by mjfarrell »
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/