Author Topic: More than one Visibility State in a Block  (Read 13103 times)

Shinyhead

Re: More than one Visibility State in a Block
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 03:22:53 PM »
I also removed the vis states from the stretch, LOL

You should ad a rotate in there too, but thats just my opinion.

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2009, 03:23:22 PM »
And to make it all look seemless, you place the various lookup table icons on top of each other for the various visibility states.
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

Matt__W

• Seagull
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2009, 03:24:39 PM »

Oooh oooh ooooh!!  And a left, right, T condition for the other end.  (as if it isn't complicated enough already)

OR... you can just upgrade to Architectural Desktop or Architecture or whatever they call it these days.
Autodesk Expert Elite

James Cannon

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2009, 03:26:08 PM »

Oooh oooh ooooh!!  And a left, right, T condition for the other end.  (as if it isn't complicated enough already)

OR... you can just upgrade to Architectural Desktop or Architecture or whatever they call it these days.

You gonna foot that bill?  I suggested it to the boss, though.  *shrug*

Just trying to make crap for myself to make my job faster and/or easier, with what I got so far.

Shinyhead

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2009, 03:27:22 PM »
Hey, when you get it done, send it to me.  I have a few tricks I might want to show you just for bragging rights.

James Cannon

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2009, 03:27:25 PM »
GREAT

I got desperate enough to get you started.

This covers left hand and right hand, you just need to keep it going for T and end wall

Thanks a boatload!

Soon as I get this "OMG I NEED THIS BACK ASAP" request from one of our clients, on another project, I'll be able to get back to that block and finish 'er up!

Hey, when you get it done, send it to me.  I have a few tricks I might want to show you just for bragging rights.

haha, okey doke then.

James Cannon

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2009, 03:49:52 PM »
Couple tiny quirks I might want to alter and change for smoothness of operation.... but it's completely functional, as far as I can tell, now.

Matt, regarding the rotation parameter, I feel it would unnecessarily complicate the block, as using the regular rotate command would lessen bloat in the drawing, and would keep me from having to go through the PITA of messing with this already-complicated block further.

As for the end treatment of opposing end, as well, I actually use two blocks for walls that need treatment at both ends, with the base point of the blocks near the midpoint of the wall, each block half the length of the required wall.  It's "brute force" sure, but it works.

*thinking out loud*  I wonder if I can make an adjustment so I can use the same block for 4" walls and 6" walls and 8"-16" walls (because 8-16 walls could be CMU walls if I add an appropriate hatch......)

...I think I'm just gonna let that thought go for now.... before I start wondering about 3D dynamic blocks again...

Matt__W

• Seagull
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2009, 03:54:42 PM »
Matt, regarding the rotation parameter, I feel it would unnecessarily complicate the block, as using the regular rotate command would lessen bloat in the drawing, and would keep me from having to go through the PITA of messing with this already-complicated block further.
Hey, that wasn't me...  that was the blue guy!  :wink:
Autodesk Expert Elite

Matt__W

• Seagull
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2009, 03:56:42 PM »
...but it's completely functional, as far as I can tell, now.

Crack open that drawing (the one you posted) and just stretch it.  Here's what I got when I did that.
Autodesk Expert Elite

James Cannon

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2009, 04:01:46 PM »
Hey, that wasn't me...  that was the blue guy!  :wink:

Whoops!  Scrolling too fast while reading.. icons must've blurred :P

I'm actually looking up some stuff on Architecture... my main thing is seeing how well it does steel framing... if it has a decent steel design capability, I might be sold into demanding my boss buy this (read: throwing a tantrum and stomping my feet in his office)

James Cannon

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2009, 04:03:26 PM »
...but it's completely functional, as far as I can tell, now.

Crack open that drawing (the one you posted) and just stretch it.  Here's what I got when I did that.

That's the intentional "stopping point" for insulation and fire rating.  I will see if it's more appropriate to end the solid hatch further down, but that's our "FIRE RATED" hatch and I don't want to extend it further than it should, and forget to spec out some fire rated assembly in the wall that intersects my block... if that makes sense... I'm just going to see 'how it goes' before finalizing things like that.

As for the insulation seeming to disappear up top... for some reason the top of the insulation (which is made up of separate objects in an array) is UNDER the solid hatch in 'draworder' but the lower ones and subsequently arrayed ones, are 'on top'  .. the insulation is there, just 'under' the hatch.

***edit/// that's also with "ALL SHOWN" by default, until the user selects what they want.  I could default to a plain wall, I guess... meh.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 05:53:08 PM by James Cannon »