Author Topic: Regarding Parcels.  (Read 1973 times)

therock003

Regarding Parcels.
« on: May 25, 2009, 01:37:14 PM »
So far i have only used the road engineer part of civil. But i need to start getting more into land matters.

I need to know how can i set a parcel, and then a) name every vertex and b) display all the length distances of each side of the parcel.

So far i've been doing that manually, and it's a lot of work for something that doesnt need to take that much time.

sinc

Re: Regarding Parcels.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 02:47:11 PM »
Why do you need to name the vertices?  There is no provision in C3D for that.  Is it something where you can put Cogo Points on each vertex, and then add Names to the Cogo Points (keeping in mind that each Cogo Point must have a unique Name)?

And by "display all the length distances of each side of the parcel", what do you mean?  You can use Labels to label the sides, or you can do a Mapcheck report.  Are you talking about one of those?

therock003

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 03:29:09 PM »
I mean to name them like A,B,C,D etc. and then label them like AB=x.yy m BC=....

There are software out there that do this kind of work, but i was wondering if this can achieved from inside civil.

A simple report wont suffice. I need the lengths to be displayed in the drawing along each side.

But i want all of this to be a one click solution. As i said i know this can be done with survey-exclusive applications. Isnt it possible on C3D?

sinc

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 05:26:15 PM »
Offhand, I can't think of any easy way to do that in C3D.  There are manual ways, of course, but I can't think of a way to do that in an automated fashion, short of custom programming.

Why do you want that sort of report?  Is it typical in your area?  We don't do things like that ourselves.  If we want to create a table, we use tags, and create Line and/or Curve tables.  We don't name vertices.

therock003

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 05:36:15 PM »
Yes that's how we do things here. Is vertex is accounted for by being named starting from A. Each side is shows it's measured length,and then a table is created with each of the vertices coordinates.

How do you do things there, just out of curiosity?

sinc

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 07:13:59 PM »

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 06:18:20 PM »
Place Points on the vertices in the correct order; then replacve the Point number with A,B,C... using XDREFs.  And have a nice day.  Lable the segment lengths with segement labels.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/