Author Topic: post #1  (Read 35630 times)

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
Re: post #1
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2007, 08:29:02 PM »
Mechanical Desktop (MDT) has not been offered for sale as product by Autodesk for many years.  Apparently the forum moderator has never heard of the replacement product - Autodesk Inventor.

What make you think that? Did a previous discussion with the forum moderator lead to to believe your claim? Or could you just be Psychic?!  ...I bet its the latter huh?! Can you tell me what the winning lottery numbers are going to be (Send them to me in a PM though, cause im greedy!).

Seriously though, your not as dumb as a bag of hammers like this post leads me to believe...are you?
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org

Bethrine

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2007, 11:36:23 PM »
Yikes, sorry I brought this one back! I was referring to the industry, not the program.

Dinosaur

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2007, 11:46:13 PM »
YOU have no need to apologize.  This is just an old left over forum that perhaps needed some dust blown out of it.  What sort of work were you thinking your new employer was speaking of with "mechanical"?  There are mechanical "pieces parts" type drawings and also HVAC / plumbing / fire protection type drawings also referred by some as "mechanical" that are also sometimes found in shops that do electrical work.

Bethrine

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2007, 11:48:23 PM »
I would be doing the plumbing redlines in the plumbing HVAC department...to start...in a shop that does electrical work.  :-)

Dinosaur

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2007, 11:57:59 PM »
I would imagine then that this would be what they were referring to as mechanical.  I have done this type of work in the pre-CAD days back when I was doing mostly electrical . . . fun stuff . . . I sometimes wish I were still a "sparky."

Bethrine

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2007, 12:07:04 AM »
Good to hear. You think I will eventually get promoted from mechanical to electrical? (Being new to the industry I have lots of funky questions. :mrgreen:)

Dinosaur

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2007, 12:18:24 AM »
I think I would call that more a lateral move but yes, if expressed interest in helping the electrical guys doing similar chores as you are for the plumbing you may wind up doing that.  The ideal would be get experience in both so when you are ready for more responsibilities you can go into either one if an opportunity presents itself.  Either is a good place for learning basics.

Bethrine

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2007, 12:27:42 AM »
I will have to see what I can do after I settle in a bit. I was interviewed by the electrical guy for the mechanical dept. (due to his company status) and he explained that he stayed in electrical and generally had no idea what was going on in the mechanical department so I don't know how easy it will be.

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2007, 07:14:48 AM »
*bleah...Sparkies!*

*I* wouldnt call that a lateral move, i would call that a vacation. I could go from, "Dude you missed a mechanical room and cost this project a million dollars!" to "Dude, you missed one of those dollar sign thingies."

:)~

Donate to TheSwamp.org

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2007, 07:29:32 AM »
*bleah...Sparkies!*

*I* wouldnt call that a lateral move, i would call that a vacation. I could go from, "Dude you missed a mechanical room and cost this project a million dollars!" to "Dude, you missed one of those dollar sign thingies."

A post that disses sparkies whilst seemingly failing a continuity test is quite amusing.
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

Greg B

• Seagull
  • Tell me a Joke!
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2007, 08:33:42 AM »
*bleah...Sparkies!*

A post that disses sparkies whilst seemingly failing a continuity test is quite amusing.

And then you follow it up with a post that ruins the mood.

MP

• Seagull
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2007, 08:38:52 AM »

In stark contrast to yours.
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2007, 08:50:31 AM »
I dont get it.

Donate to TheSwamp.org

MP

• Seagull
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2007, 08:53:39 AM »
I dont get it.

I attempted a funny. Greg posted a killjoy. I commented on the contrast, illuminating the irony. I sprayed coffee on my computer. If I could have said it in less it would have been a haiku.

Greg B

• Seagull
  • Tell me a Joke!
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2007, 10:48:44 AM »

In stark contrast to yours.

Yeah....typically.