Author Topic: Add pull down menu to Autocad at application install  (Read 2884 times)

fxcastil

Add pull down menu to Autocad at application install
« on: December 17, 2005, 08:28:15 AM »
I have a pulldowm menu (filename.mns) which I want to add to the auocad pull downs menus when I am insatalling a dvb application.
I am using inno setup to install the dvb application files , copy files from source CD , create directorys , register dll files , register ocx files,
and write to the system registry . I would also like to add a puldowm menu (second from last to the Acad pulldown mwnus ) I see other
application installs doing this.  Right now the user has to manually add the menu by go to Tool/Customize / menu and select the MNS file.
Any Ideas ??

Thanks,

Fred C.

Chuck Gabriel

Re: Add pull down menu to Autocad at application install
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 09:47:37 AM »
Take a look at AcadInstall at http://www.cadwerx.net in the developers section.  It is free and will do what you want and a lot more.  There are other ways to accomplish what you are asking, but nothing as easy as AcadInstall.

fxcastil

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 08:50:48 AM »
Chuck,

That looks pretty good !
It also works with Inno Setup which I use for the rest of the install .

Thanks for the info

Fred Castillo

DaveW

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 09:32:54 AM »
Fred,

I looked at that utility. It is pretty nice, but being as I am not much of a programmer I found it difficult to use.

Here is some code I am working on as a vb exe for installshield to run. You may find it interesting.

It will get every version of acad and every profile installed and set the keys. It is only set up for acad 15 right now. The way ACAD inverts the keys numbers can be an issue. I still have not made the uninstall.

I tried posting all the code, but it was too long and exceeded the max.

here is a link to the code:
http://customer12.milllister.com/addreg.zip

This code contains my hack work as well as some code from Elliot Spencer for dealing with reg keys in general. Great code to have.

David Wishengrad
MillLister.com

« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 09:53:38 AM by DaveW »