Author Topic: How to obtain font outline in Bricscad using DRX?  (Read 1641 times)

iumike

How to obtain font outline in Bricscad using DRX?
« on: May 06, 2009, 01:10:27 AM »
Hello!
I try to get font outline from a true type font in Briscad, but I have no example for this.
As I read from other topics on internet is necessary to calculate a font glyph scale factor, the font height have to be normalize and so on..
Could some one post a possible start point routine ?
Kind regards!
Mike

It's Alive!

• BricsCAD
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
Re: How to obtain font outline in Bricscad using DRX?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 08:28:07 AM »
I have no idea, you might try getting your hands on the source for an editing tool such as fontforge http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/ to get ideas

iumike

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 09:13:26 AM »
Thank you Daniel, I will take a look on the Outline Font Editor, but for sure there are differences between Windows GDI way and Bricscad/Autocad way. In fact  i try to find an ObjectARX sample dealing with font outline but I have found nothing on the internet.

Anyway, thank you, DRX in Bricscad is a long way and for sure we will exchange a lot of ideas in this forum!
Mike

It's Alive!

• BricsCAD
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 01:47:28 AM »
Hi Mike, did you ever find a solution? I did a bit of searching but I didn’t find anything.
I know there are programs out there that can turn text into DXF for routing print….
Dan

iumike

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 12:52:58 PM »
Hello Dan!
Thank you for your question!
I do have searches on internet and found this http://izawa.web.infoseek.co.jp/getglyph.htm, which refer exactly to the same subject from my post but no source code. I will keep to search, maybe found something more in detail to understand the fonts outline mechanism in Bcad/Acad! If I found it I will post here!

Kind regards!
Mike