Author Topic: Volumes calculated in yards, not meters  (Read 1546 times)

drizzt

Volumes calculated in yards, not meters
« on: May 04, 2009, 04:53:15 PM »
I have a drawing that was drawn in meters, elevations also. My units are set to decimal meters, but when I do a grid volume calculation, it is coming up in yards, as if the drawing was drawn in feet. I am using LDD 2007. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Volumes calculated in yards, not meters
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 07:30:36 PM »
When drawing units are set to imperial, the software divides the volume output by 27 (the conversion factor between cubic feet and cubic yards). When drawing units are set to metric, the volume output is reported directly in cubic units. If you create a drawing using feet for the units, you can generate volumes to report in units of cubic feet by changing the drawing setup units to metric prior to calculating volumes. After the volumes have been calculated and reported, you can change the drawing setup units back to imperial.

To change the drawing setup units:

Select the Projects menu > Drawing Setup.
In the Drawing Setup dialog box, select the Units tab.
Under Linear Units, select Meters.
Choose OK to close the Drawing Setup dialog box.
Select the Projects menu > Drawing Settings to display the Edit Settings dialog box.
Under Program, select Land Development Desktop or Autodesk Land Desktop (the name of the selection depends on the version of the software you are using).
From the Settings list, select Volume Site Definitions and then choose Edit Settings.
In the Volume Site Settings dialog box, under Volume Labeling, modify the suffix to indicate cubic feet.
Choose OK, and then choose Close to close the dialog boxes.
Calculate the surface volumes and display the report. Units should display as cubic feet.
Change the drawing setup units back to feet before continuing to work in the drawing.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

drizzt

Re: Volumes calculated in yards, not meters
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 08:33:53 PM »
thanks mj