Author Topic: Paper Sizes in AutoCad  (Read 15198 times)

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
Paper Sizes in AutoCad
« on: April 27, 2009, 02:58:10 PM »
I am going thru and updating or configuring Autocad 2010's PDF plotter and one of things I do is filter out paper sizes.

What is the difference between a size that Arch D 24x36 and Arch D expanded 24x36 and Arch D Full Bleed 24x36?
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

James Cannon

Re: Paper Sizes in AutoCad
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 03:01:44 PM »
Check the margins?

Doesn't "full bleed" mean it'll theoretically try to plot to the furthest extent of the paper, regardless of printer mechanics?

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 03:45:58 PM »
Check the margins?

Doesn't "full bleed" mean it'll theoretically try to plot to the furthest extent of the paper, regardless of printer mechanics?

I don't know for sure but it was having issue with printer margins chopping of the Title Block.  Going to the full bleed paper eliminated that issue.

Shrugging my shoulders over

James Cannon

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 03:53:29 PM »
Check the margins?

I don't know for sure but it was having issue with printer margins chopping of the Title Block.  Going to the full bleed paper eliminated that issue.

Shrugging my shoulders over

a quick google search turns up that I was right.  PAR FOR THE COURSE< EL OH EL *pats self on back*

been a dull day around the office, sorry :\

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 03:53:41 PM »
Full Bleed

Full bleed is printing from one edge of the paper to the other without the standard borders by which most personal printers are limited. This is useful for printing brochures, posters, and other marketing materials. Often the paper is trimmed after printing to ensure the ink runs fully to the edge and does not stop short of it.
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 03:59:14 PM »
Full Bleed

Full bleed is printing from one edge of the paper to the other without the standard borders by which most personal printers are limited. This is useful for printing brochures, posters, and other marketing materials. Often the paper is trimmed after printing to ensure the ink runs fully to the edge and does not stop short of it.

Well what is interesting is that Autocad's PDF plotter/driver is the only one that I have to make this selection for.  For all the other PDFs writers and regular plotters I have now issues with my title blocks. 

Thanks Guys

James Cannon

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 04:00:59 PM »
Full Bleed

Well what is interesting is that Autocad's PDF plotter/driver is the only one that I have to make this selection for.  For all the other PDFs writers and regular plotters I have now issues with my title blocks. 

Thanks Guys

check the margins that the pdf driver is set to.  "printable area" is specific to each 'plotter driver'

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 04:49:25 PM »
Full Bleed

Thanks Guys

check the margins that the pdf driver is set to.  "printable area" is specific to each 'plotter driver'

Ahh I see.  Thanks.