Author Topic: Binding in an XREF  (Read 5280 times)

chauny274

Binding in an XREF
« on: April 28, 2009, 05:29:49 PM »
Hey ya guys, having alittle problem and need some help.

I have a model that is comprised of 4 xrefs of 4 other models. All of them are fairly decent in size but nothing too big. I'm trying to bind them in and I have done it before but it's not working for me. Any ideas?

I'm bringing up the xref box, right clicking on the xref, selecting bind. Then I select bind instead of insert and click ok. Then the xref disappears and doesn't bind in, it's just gone even though it's still listed under file references. If I click the refresh button on the xref box then it comes back as an xref. Is there a limit on the size of the model that can be brought in or anything else that I'm not thinking of? Any help is appreciated, I'm using autocad 2009.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I'm inclined to believe that this has something to do with the limit of the file size now. I just tried going into one of the models and copying and pasting into my main drawing and it won't paste it in. It just says pasteclip and won't let me select a spot or type in the basepoint.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 05:34:11 PM by chauny274 »

Bryco

• Water Moccasin
Re: Binding in an XREF
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 07:12:29 PM »
You cant bind a nested xref, could that be it?

chauny274

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 09:53:49 AM »
I'm guessing a nested XREF would be an XREF inside an XREF? If that's it then it's not the problem. I have one XREF of that nature but even ones that aren't nested won't bind.

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 10:05:34 AM »
I've run into the same problem before.  Make sure you purge/audit your xrefs before binding them.  Or do a RECOVER or RECOVERALL then try binding.
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io