Author Topic: MDT has been discontinued  (Read 5092 times)

JDMather

MDT has been discontinued
« on: April 08, 2009, 05:32:51 PM »
FYI
MDT has not been sold by Autodesk as a product since Feb 2002.
The MDT product was discontinued with the final release in Inventor Series 2009.
Inventor 2010 has been released.

James Cannon

Re: MDT has been discontinued
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 05:50:34 PM »
They still offered me a download and books on it when I went to subscription center, I thought.... *goes to double check*

James Cannon

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 05:55:39 PM »
Autodesk Mechanical Desktop Media
Customers who use Autodesk Mechanical Desktop and who own one or more licenses of Autodesk Inventor 2009 can request the Mechanical Desktop installation software on physical media using this site. Autodesk will ship the software on DVD media.

^^^quote from the "Product Documentation & Software" section of the site.

So if you have a license for 2010 you cannot get MDT?  This just means that there is no OPTION to install MDT with the 2010 installer and future?

I guess you should burn those dvds with the MDT installers, then.  Or will your Inventor license NO LONGER ALLOW the use of MDT?

I'm confused.

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 06:40:24 PM »
*Disclaimer* I don't know if any of what follows is actual, but I believe it probably is.

MDT has probably suffered the same fate as Land Desktop. 2009 was the last release of LDT, too. It has been available for use by Civil3D customers, and, from what I understand, a very few number of overseas customers. But no more LDT's are to be offered, for sale or otherwise, as they are no longer building the code for it.

Sure, you can still run the older versions. Subscription customers are allowed to use the product for up to 3 versions back. There just will not be any more produced.

HTH

James Cannon

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 06:43:19 PM »
Oh I knew that.  It was replaced with Mechanical... I was just making sure that the "worst case scenario" did not apply and that the announcement was that your subscription seat of Inventor no longer allowed you to *cough* "Lease a license to use the software"