Author Topic: Quick Question  (Read 2299 times)

wannabe

Quick Question
« on: April 07, 2009, 07:58:24 AM »
When using an application that requires opening and closing of files, from within AutoCAD, do we use the standard openFileDialogs and saveFileDialogs in the .NET 3.5 framework or is there some AutoCAD alternatives or legislation that I am compelled to adhere to?

Cheers.

Bobby C. Jones

• Swamp Rat
  • Cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war.
Re: Quick Question
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 08:24:49 AM »
When using an application that requires opening and closing of files, from within AutoCAD, do we use the standard openFileDialogs and saveFileDialogs in the .NET 3.5 framework or is there some AutoCAD alternatives or legislation that I am compelled to adhere to?

Cheers.

Autodesk does provide alternatives, which I use, but you do have the freedom to use the Microsoft versions if you so desire.
Bobby C. Jones

wannabe

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 10:53:06 AM »
Thanks. I've been reading the ARX .NET help files and it says something about all inheriting or implementing a certain class/interface.

I'll re-read and hit you with more questions.

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 11:07:50 AM »
Maybe this will help a little.
[ http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=22172.0 ]

I like the windows version, just for the speed of it.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

Glenn R

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 06:39:17 PM »
The golden rule as far as UI is concerned, IMO, is make yours the same as the AutoCAD user expects, which means for this case, use the openfiledialog supplied by Autodesk. Some of the benefits include the preview icon area, favourites etc.