Author Topic: Scale space between objects  (Read 2594 times)

Davez

Scale space between objects
« on: October 16, 2004, 03:10:59 PM »
Anybody know how to do this without scaling the objects themselves.

CADaver

Re: Scale space between objects
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 03:26:22 PM »
Quote from: Davez
Anybody know how to do this without scaling the objects themselves.
ummm... move?

What are you trying to do?

Davez

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2004, 03:42:24 PM »
I have a 8 huge bldg floor plans 3 flrs 45+ rooms  ea. in (ms) with room names in (ps) at 1/4" per ft. (split into 3 sheets)

I want to copy this all to a reflected ceiling plan (ms), thats at 1/8" but need the room name/# to stay the same size. (single sheet)

So is there a command to scale the space between these objects, then I can reposition them all at once.

Just want to know if Im loosing it this morning (had alot of beer last night)
I dont know of any other way besides repositioning them manually.

CADaver

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004, 04:40:27 PM »
Quote from: Davez
I have a 8 huge bldg floor plans 3 flrs 45+ rooms  ea. in (ms) with room names in (ps) at 1/4" per ft. (split into 3 sheets)

I want to copy this all to a reflected ceiling plan (ms), thats at 1/8" but need the room name/# to stay the same size. (single sheet)

So is there a command to scale the space between these objects, then I can reposition them all at once.

Just want to know if Im loosing it this morning (had alot of beer last night)
I dont know of any other way besides repositioning them manually.

Nothing direct that I know of, but if the are blocks, go ahead and scale them down so that their positions change.  Then use PROPERTIES to change the scale of the blocks back to the right size.  This'll work with text height as well.

Davez

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2004, 04:51:20 PM »
yea that takes less time thx

pmvliet

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2004, 07:11:24 PM »
This might be a long way around. But in the Express tools there is a utility to change space. You can take items from modelspace and put them in paperspace or vice versa.

your text is in PS @ a scale of 1/4". In the end you want your text in PS but at a scale of 1/8" correct?

If you do a saveas to your drawing as a test. Change the space of your PS text so it is now in MS. change the scale on your viewport, then change the space of your text back into PS. In your case because you taking text(roomnames) from 3 different drawings, you will have to change them all in MS, then combine all the text into one file and the change it all back in PS. I don't know what exactly will happen when you change the scale of the viewport.

I have seen lisp's that will rescale a block upon it's insertion point and if your room names/numbers were blocks you could use this option either on it's own or in conjunction with the change space.

Pieter