Author Topic: topo requirements  (Read 4223 times)

New Shooz

Re: topo requirements
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2009, 11:14:12 AM »
since:

Of course it is a valid request.
Most survey companies I know of would not even dream of using C3D to import their raw site data in any case.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009, 11:26:32 AM »
Kelie, see Richards comments, to help explain why a C3D 'drawing' or even an autocad one, might not be the only deliverable that you accept.

I think a more coherent deliverable; as you own C3D could be as simple as the FBK, descriptions keys, and figure preferences used.  In this manner the 'deliverable' is or should be completely reproducible on your end from the data used.  And then you can do whatever you what with it.  Having a completed drawing is nice however having the data that it came from is even better.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

sinc

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2009, 03:15:09 PM »
Of course it is a valid request.

Just saying that, if your software can easily create such blocks from a CSV import, then there's no reason why it should need to be a requirement in your deliverable.  If you work with people who have software that creates such things, then great.  But if you should need to work with someone who does not have such software, I presume you have an alternate form of delivery.  Softdesk used to create such blocks for points, but that was the last time we actively used software that did so, and it was close to a decade ago now. 

But like I said, it's not something that's ever come up for us.  In all our years of using Land Desktop, and now C3D, we've never had a request for survey data in attributed point blocks.

Most survey companies I know of would not even dream of using C3D to import their raw site data in any case.

Why not?