Author Topic: Catenary curve  (Read 4189 times)

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
Catenary curve
« on: March 31, 2009, 01:16:06 PM »
Can out of the box acad using VBA draw a catenary curve?  I am trying to see if its worth programming for cable sag in a transmission line.  Any ideas welcome
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

Bob Wahr

Re: Catenary curve
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 01:33:31 PM »

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 02:17:53 PM »
Thanks Bob for finding those so quickly, but my question is more towards the engineering side of the design (which I am not) of the cable properties.  Where would we input the cable weight, circular area, stretchability, etc. into that equation?
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

Bob Wahr

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 02:37:08 PM »
Down towards the bottom is a lisp routine that lets you input weight and tension.  Unless they are lying or I are missing something.

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 03:59:29 PM »
I guess I missed that.  I'll look again