Author Topic: AutoCAD 2010  (Read 24234 times)

sinc

Re: AutoCAD 2010
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2009, 12:02:54 PM »
The young kids at work saw me setting up directories (folders to them) using dos.  I told them I had secret access to the kernal of Windows and this is how I was able to do this.

It's really pushing things to refer to the command prompt as "DOS"...  I would suspect there are still some lines of code in Windows that haven't changed since the DOS days, except for maybe to upgrade from 16-bit to 32-bit to 64-bit, but overall it's changed so much that I wouldn't call it DOS.  It no longer uses the DOS file structure, scheduling, user management, or anything DOS, really.  The only thing that hasn't really changed is the command syntax.

James Cannon

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2009, 12:42:22 PM »
You can customize the Ribbon.

If you wish that a tab had more panels to fill the empty space... then put whatever panels you want there :)

No it is more of an arrangement of current buttons in the panels to reduce white space.  See the image.  The part that bites is that I have to click again to get more buttons that are on the same panel.   :ugly:  It does not make sense.   However it might be that I have the ribbon as a palette on the second monitor.

If you can find a shape that, when stacked repeatedly, fits in both a horizontal and vertical margin, while STILL saving space in the opposite direction (horizontal bar saving vertical space / vertical bar saving horizontal space) then I'd love to see it.

Otherwise you're going to have to have two different configurations for the vertical and horizontally docked arrangements.  The default is horizontally docked, as shipped, so they have arranged it in an efficient manner to be docked like that, as it's also the mainstream method of using Ribbons in applications that have them.  To be different than the "norm" requires customization.

The Ribbon is pretty easy to customize, imo.

tony bombata

• Newt
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2009, 02:19:09 PM »
some arx resources for 2010

http://www.maestrogroup.com.ua/support/GeomProps.zip

http://www.maestrogroup.com.ua/support/selsim.zip

http://pds13.egloos.com/pds/200904/19/51/iDwgTab2.0.0.4.zip

select similar routine that really works
the best mdi tb tool (imho)

info on geomprops
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=90407
and it also works with quick properties

KewlToyZ

« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2009, 02:23:36 PM »
some arx resources for 2010

http://www.maestrogroup.com.ua/support/GeomProps.zip

http://www.maestrogroup.com.ua/support/selsim.zip

http://pds13.egloos.com/pds/200904/19/51/iDwgTab2.0.0.4.zip

select similar routine that really works
the best mdi tb tool (imho)

info on geomprops
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=90407
and it also works with quick properties

I beleive the SelectSimiliar command is still only present in the verticals right click menu???

tony bombata

• Newt
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2009, 03:37:34 PM »
there are two or three lsps that do mimic the select similar routine. i first found one on lynn allens blog some years back. it works but not as well as in the verticals. the selsim in  the link is an arx by some russian dude, and it works. it even puts select similar in the right click context menu, in both the default and edit modes.

btw all the arx files include  2002 - 2010 versions

KewlToyZ

« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2009, 05:00:00 PM »
Thanks, I'll check them out  ;-)

KewlToyZ

« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2009, 09:46:16 AM »
LOL, yeah, I began making a default profile using the RIBBON....
Added 30 seconds to the interface startup using the ribbon.
Might be a cute pig, but it is still a pig.
The CUI is slower than ever as well.
Since it is simply a zipped package, manually editing has proven quite daunting to figure out whart content is where in the package it creates. Out of curiosity I went back to 2009 to see about implementing ribbon in the Enterprise cui for default workspaces... this created doubles of every panel in the ribbon, that cui editor would not let me fix it. I had to wipe the ribbon out of the enterprise cui, so as far as 2009 ribbon's are not a deployment consideration. 2010 they fixed this as well as the Quick Access toolbar in the Titlebar, but it is still slow.

James Cannon

« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2009, 09:58:46 AM »
"Out of curiosity I went back to 2009 to see about implementing ribbon in the Enterprise cui for default workspaces... this created doubles of every panel in the ribbon,"

Guy in another office did this.  I went and checked out his CUI and found that he had both his partial CUI loaded, and the copies of the content he put into his main .cui.

You sure it didn't create doubles because you told it to, without realizing it? 

KewlToyZ

« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2009, 10:28:46 AM »
In 2009 If I added ribbons to any workspace in the enterprise cui, i got doubles in my main cui.
Not double tabs, but double panels.

James Cannon

« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2009, 10:41:12 AM »
In 2009 If I added ribbons to any workspace in the enterprise cui, i got doubles in my main cui.
Not double tabs, but double panels.

oops, yea, I confused tabs with panels... as much as I work with the CUI Ribbon I still get those terms backwards sometimes. 

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2009, 03:20:52 PM »
I think I found a minor bug and was wondering if someone else has run across it.  Wondering if it is a bug in Autocad ADT 2010 or a bug in me.

I like to roll with my layout tabs exposed so when I right click a tab to create new tab the creation of that tab is fine until I go and click that tab to activate it.  I get an Unknown Error Code 501. The code comes with an OK or Cancel buttons but seem to nothing other than get rid of the error alert.  Drawing seems to run fine afterward.  Closed Autocad and restarted it and tested again and got the same results.
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

KewlToyZ

« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2009, 03:59:24 PM »
Try running a repair once Krushert.
I use the layout tabs constantly, the new little buttons don't do it for me either.
Also check your aspnet versions.
They could be corrupted, I fixed one workstation removing and reinstalling the dotnet frameworks.
But that was the worst case scenario.

JCUTRONA

« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2009, 02:19:17 PM »
Is it just me, or does this community constantly remind you that there is much to learn yet?...

This is me at 26 years of age anxious for the  kind of education that only time cultivates.

James Cannon

« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2009, 02:50:10 PM »
Is it just me, or does this community constantly remind you that there is much to learn yet?...

This is me at 26 years of age anxious for the  kind of education that only time cultivates.

I'm young and always thirsty for more.  With the way software and programming seems to go, though, there's never an end.  If people know a language or software well enough, they'll just change it or "upgrade" it so that you need to  buy the next one, and have another set of hurdles to get over.

Bob Garner

« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2009, 05:07:18 PM »
Well, I'm old and wish I didn't have to keep learnin' stuff all over again and again.  Recently, there are all the new IBC Codes, now there's ACAD 2010, Vista (which won't run all the programs I wrote in GWBasic back in the '80s and still use today), MS Word/Excel 2009, and on and on.  I still have to spend many hours learning to solve problems with all this new stuff just like back in school.

I guess I could just drop out of all of this.  But ya know what?  I actually like learnin' new stuff - maybe it's a power trip.

Power on, Young People!  You're in charge, now.

Th 'ol Bobber