If this is a drawing to be sent to the client:
1. IMPORT a dxf file into the drawing (currrently by dopping the dxf icon into the view port) at 0,0 and scale factors of 1.
2. ZOOM to extents within the view port.
(at this point user input may be needed to correctly position the object within the viewport)
3. EXPLODE the dxf block and PURGE the block definition.
4. Go to PAPERSPACE and lock the viewort.
5. SAVE the drawing (optionally in r2000 format) and exit AutoCAD.
OK, doing this at home without a copy of LT, so this will require debugging of course as I am trying to pull the correct command syntax from memory, including the number of prompts you have to hit.
Firt thing is to find something that will copy your dxf to your clipboard outside of LT. Once that is done then its not too hard.
For the other version, I have to look at that at work and play a bit to see what I can come up with.