Author Topic: Dynamic Block reverting back to default state after editing lookup name  (Read 11920 times)

ELOQUINTET

Re: Dynamic Block reverting back to default state after editing lookup name
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2009, 01:34:49 PM »
Now you understand why I need such a tool, right?  :ugly: What I am saying is that I need to remember what the lookup values are for each block definition then somehow translate that to whatever the new lookup name may be. In other words if the "1 Height" case actually refers to a "6' H Bay" and I get feedback from our planners that It is more intuative to have the lookup value read as "6' H Bay" than "1 Height" then I need find all of the blocks that are set to "1 Height" then change the lookup name to "6' H Bay" then reset all of those block to the "6' H Bay" value. When I read your post I wasn't sure I understood it so I explained it again. Is this what you meant? As far as your comments about "HEIGHT 4 and 5" I know I will have to build these combinations manually. I just want this tool for updating my existing combinations and keep them from reverting back to the first lookup if I need to change the names. Post what you have if you think it is working and I will test it and give feedback. Thanks

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 09:26:50 AM »
xy,

I get this error after selecting objects in markblkref:

ERROR: no function definition: dos_progbar

I looked for this in the lisp but maybe it is in your .fas file?

whdjr

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2009, 05:34:41 PM »
Just as a point of interest.  I don't recommend nesting dynamic blocks like you have here.  It makes it a nightmare when updating the blocks as you have now.

Serge J. Gianolla

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 09:50:46 PM »
ERROR: no function definition: dos_progbar

This function is part of arx file DOSLib from Mcneel.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2009, 09:25:07 AM »
Will,

Unfortunately I am being forced to "assemble" these blocks as a planning directive. I have all of the nested blocks visible for editing in my working copy. I am removing the lookups for noe as they are causing more problems than they are solving. Serge I figured out it was Doslib related but thanks anyway.