Author Topic: DB losing its dynamic  (Read 5509 times)

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
DB losing its dynamic
« on: February 10, 2009, 08:50:31 AM »
Has anyone seen Dynamic blocks lose their dynamicness?  I can insert a DB, grip it, and not see the visibility option, yet make a copy of the DB and it has the visibility option.  I remember from somewhere a convert to static setting or option, but I cant find it anywhere
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
Re: DB losing its dynamic
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 09:26:53 AM »
I've seen it happen in Civil 3D/Land Desktop 2008 when scaling up/down a DB.
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

Atook

• Swamp Rat
  • AKA Tim
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 02:16:58 PM »
Has anyone seen Dynamic blocks lose their dynamicness?
dynamicness.. I like it.

It happens to me when I even rotate my dynamic blocks, very frustrating. Glad it's not just me.

I'll be watching this thread for ideas/solutions.

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 10:03:24 AM »
Well Autodesk solved my problem.  In Options on Open/Save tab, uncheck "Maintain Visual Fidelity" and the blocks work again.  Let me clarify, all future versions work, not ones already inserted.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

Matt__W

• Seagull
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 10:06:30 AM »
Well Autodesk solved my problem.  In Options on Open/Save tab, uncheck "Maintain Visual Fidelity" and the blocks work again.  Let me clarify, all future versions work, not ones already inserted.
Ummm.. yeah... NO!

I've had that unchecked since DAY ONE and I still run into this problem occassionally.  I'm glad it works for you!
Autodesk Expert Elite

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 10:12:59 AM »
Bummer!  What is the issue?  Can you elevate it to Autodesk?

Matt__W

• Seagull
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 10:15:10 AM »
Can you elevate it to Autodesk?

That's more trouble than it's worth, in my opinion.   :|

For the number of times it happens, I can live with it.
Autodesk Expert Elite

James Cannon

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 10:45:36 AM »
Seems hit or miss with me, but I've been able to open the block editor for the block that lost it, and it STILL has the paramters/actions in there... and I just tweak something and undo it (just to make it think I did something) and then 'save changes' and it brings it all back.

Sometimes, though it loses all paramteres/actions in the block definition even :\

Other times... no idea why... but it re-blocks it.  The dynamic block is there there, but it's been made into another block (dyn. block within a blocK) and I hit the ol' asplode button, and the dyn block is there for me to enjoy.

...rarely :\  But sometimes.

Thanks for the tip, though CMDRDUH, I'll keep that in mind... just had this happen the other day, to me.

dustinthiesse

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 11:14:59 AM »
Other times... no idea why... but it re-blocks it.  The dynamic block is there there, but it's been made into another block (dyn. block within a blocK) and I hit the ol' asplode button, and the dyn block is there for me to enjoy.

This will happen if you "wblock" a dynamic block using the "objects" option instead of the "block" option and selecting the blockname from the pulldown list.  It also happens if you do this with non-dynamic blocks, but you probably don't notice it since there aren't any dynamic parameters getting "lost".