Author Topic: No VBA installed with AutoCAD 2010  (Read 5771 times)

chobo

• Newt
No VBA installed with AutoCAD 2010
« on: February 09, 2009, 08:22:57 AM »

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
Re: No VBA installed with AutoCAD 2010
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 08:38:39 AM »
Ohhhh.... yay...   :|

crap
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 09:57:37 AM »
for what its worth, I went to autodesks site, and that link is dead.  Doesn't mean it isn't valid, but the link was dead
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 10:22:24 AM »
So does 2010 come with VSTA  ?

Crank

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 07:48:05 AM »
So does 2010 come with VSTA  ?
I didn't find anything about that, but Acad2011 probably will:
In a few weeks time they will have a FAQ about the future of VBA and VSTA (see http://www.autodesk.com/vba-download).
They are also working on a .NET developers guide (no release date yet) and are putting together a transition plan from VBA to .NET and VSTA.
Vault Professional 2023     +     AEC Collection

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 08:13:25 PM »
Interesting, I thought they might run both side-by-side for a few versions, to give people time to make the change.

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 08:33:50 PM »
According to Peter Funk, lead software coordinator for Autodesk's Civil3D section, they are planning on shipping VBA with C3D2010. No word on Vanilla or other verticals, though.

sinc

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 10:12:53 AM »
I suspect that's because of the subassemblies.  Many people have custom VBA subassemblies at this point.

mkweaver

• Bull Frog
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 12:37:37 PM »
Jimmy Bergmark (jtbworld.com) posted comments from Autodesk stating:
We will continue to support VBA now and into the foreseeable future in the AutoCAD product line. We are putting together a transition plan to .NET and VSTA and expect to support VBA until our research shows most customers have migrated their code (which could take years.)

We are offering VBA for download on our website - which will appear once the product officially ships. You can download the product and install and deploy it within your organization. Your VBA code should work just as before.

I don't expect support for VBA to go away any time soon.

Entire article:http://blog.jtbworld.com/2009/02/autocad-2010-vba-and-vsta-future.html

Crank

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 12:56:05 PM »
It's official now. 2 quotes of Eric Stover (Product Line Manager Autodesk, inc.):
We will continue to support VBA now and into the foreseeable future in the AutoCAD product line. We are putting together a transition plan to .NET and VSTA and expect to support VBA until our research shows most customers have migrated their code (which could take years.)

We are offering VBA for download on our website - which will appear once the product officially ships. You can download the product and install and deploy it within your organization. Your VBA code should work just as before.

Again, look for information on the longer term transition to VSTA coming soon on .com.
[...]

there is no intention to eliminate COM in AutoCAD in the near future. As far as our 3-year roadmap is concerned, the obit of COM support is not a part of our strategy.

Additionally, while COM is not a primarty focus, it will be extended/expanded if necessary based upon individual feature requirements.
Vault Professional 2023     +     AEC Collection