Author Topic: How to check for Dimension style overrides using VBA  (Read 2420 times)

ELOQUINTET

How to check for Dimension style overrides using VBA
« on: March 09, 2009, 09:37:37 AM »
Hey guys,

Is there a way to check if a drawing has dimension overrides in VBA. I have a directory of drawing and some have overrides while others don't. I just need to figure which ones do so I can open up those and remove them then save them. I do not want to change the modified date for those without a problem. Anyone know how?

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
Re: How to check for Dimension style overrides using VBA
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 11:11:02 AM »
just thinking out loud, but what if you opened each drawing, and checked the styles, and if a name existed that had overides, save, otherwise close with no save.  then check the dates
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

Bryco

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 04:42:52 PM »
a dimension has a .TextOverride property.
So use a selectionset to get all the dims and check for both a non zero length string and <>

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 05:22:13 PM »
what has been happening is that we are using adt 2007 but mostly just use the autocad part of it but aecdwgsetup was forcing overrides from time to time. we think we have fixed this by unchecking the overrides box in units but for older drawings the overrides appear sometimes. just wanted to give the back story of where the overrides are coming from.