Author Topic: Autocad toolbar controls?  (Read 3772 times)

hmspe

• Bull Frog
Autocad toolbar controls?
« on: January 09, 2009, 10:54:46 AM »
I'm thinking of trying to rework the toolbars and maybe some of the dialogs in Autocad into OpenDCL.  The intent is to get a common, consistent, and fast interface that I can port when the yearly version comes out.  I've found that most changes in Autocad in the last few years slow us down and aren't helpful for what we do.

Is it possible to use Autocad toolbar controls within ODCL?  If not, has anyone duplicated the UNDO, REDO, and LAYER controls in ODCL that they'd be willing to share?  For dialogs I'm thinking of layer (we have no need for property filters, groups, or layer states and I really want a "NEW" button with text rather than just a nondescript icon) and plot (we frequently plot windows, but the latest dialogs make that an extra click).  If anyone has any replacement dialogs they'd like to share that would also help a lot.

Is there a repository of working ODCL code anywhere?  I've run across a lot of really cool looking screen shots but very little code.  I find studying code to be one of the best ways to learn a new language, plus it's always good if you don't have to "reinvent the wheel".

TIA,
Martin

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
Re: Autocad toolbar controls?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 11:02:09 AM »
You'll probably have more responses if you post over at www.OpenDCL.com/forum/
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

hmspe

• Bull Frog
Re: Autocad toolbar controls?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 02:08:32 PM »
The opendcl site was timing out this morning and I couldn't get in to the forums.  I'll try again.  Thanks.
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman