Author Topic: Warning system for CAD  (Read 5785 times)

cadmoogle

Re: Warning system for CAD
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 01:38:24 PM »
It could be based off the name of the blocks, or an attribute of the block that has some information within it, as far as drawing name and that stuff.  And yes, with code you can find the area of the blocks, and used said area to number each hydrant in numeric order, if each sheet starts at 1.  But that would mean the ' title blocks ' are real blocks.  If not, then it is harder to determine where sheets start/end.

Then we would get back to depending on the operators to block the title blocks properly right?

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 02:13:03 PM »
Just inserting the title blocks, and filing out the information.  But that could be automated also.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

dustinthiesse

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 02:35:30 PM »
Just inserting the title blocks, and filing out the information.  But that could be automated also.

Absolutely.  I work at a very small company and I've been trying to lead everyone into the light of standards and automation.  It's slowly coming along.

I've got the title blocks down to the user clicking a button and the correct project data is entered in.  That alone has probably saved them hundreds of hours so far.  They still think each project needs a separate title block though  :| ...don't know if I will ever get the point across that since everything in the title block is an attribute, they're all technically the same block regardless of the project you're using it on.

Oh well.

KewlToyZ

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2009, 02:52:43 PM »
Something similiar to the XIN.lsp I use for naming the layer after the XREF being inserted.
Rename the block on insert in similiar fashion?