Author Topic: Menu mnc & mnr Question  (Read 2942 times)

adrian

Menu mnc & mnr Question
« on: October 05, 2004, 12:42:28 AM »
Currently in this office I work in we are loading an office mns file from the server.  Why does it still save the mnc & mnr file onto the users hard drive?  Does the mnc & mnr file need to be on the server? I want to be able to have 1 mns file, that if it gets altered, it changes everyones machine, or at least have to reload the mns file and have the changes take effect. We are all using R2005.
Anyone got any ideas.  Thanks  :)

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Menu mnc & mnr Question
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 12:53:33 AM »
A simpler solution would be to only place the MNC and MNR files on the server. If AutoCAD does not find a MNC and MNR file for the corresponding MNS or MNU, it will create them, by default on the local system, in the local path for menus.

Store the MNS file in a safe place and only use te MNC on the server, this way no one can modify the menu without the admin's approval.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

adrian

Menu mnc & mnr Question
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 01:05:56 AM »
Thanks for your reply,  There already was an mnc & mnr file on the server, but I think they are very old.  How do you have AutoCAD create an mnc mnr file on the server when it is already doing it on the users hard drive.  I have been making some amendments to the mns file & have loaded it on my machine (from my hard drive), do I take the recently created mnc & mnr file on my hard drive and put them on the server and then ensure that everyone has the mnc file loaded?
Thanks again.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Menu mnc & mnr Question
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2004, 08:16:28 AM »
Yes, just place the newly created MNC and MNR on the server and when the users open AutoCAD it will automatically load the new version of the menu. You should make sure the users don't have a copy of the old MNC or MNR on their local machine for that particular menu, otherwise it will find and load the first one in the path.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie