Author Topic: DB Fence using Stretch and Array but keep centered  (Read 3380 times)

dustinthiesse

DB Fence using Stretch and Array but keep centered
« on: December 23, 2008, 10:06:42 AM »
This is my first post since this is the first time I haven't been able to find answers by simply reading other posts.
Now i feel like i belong :cry:

Anyways...

I am trying to create a DB for a post fence (or porch fence).  In the attached dwg for instance, I want to stretch the fence from A to B.
When I do this, however, I would like the dimensions C and D be equal.  The other constraint that I have been asked to attempt to acheive is that the insertion point be the lower left corner of the fence.  I think this block would be simple if I could make the insertion point the middle of the fence because I could just set the distance parameter base type to midpoint rather than endpoint.

But I diverge...I realize that C does not equal D because the array action divides the distance by the array offset and rounds down.  To avoid this, I was wondering if there was a way to center the initial fence post and then array in both directions.  I have tried using a move action with a multiplier of 0.5 and at one point I even had two arrays and a flip action going on, but I abandoned that all together.

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 12:28:26 PM by dustinthiesse »

dustinthiesse

Re: DB Fence using Stretch and Array but keep centered
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 01:29:50 PM »
Here's what I've been able to come up with so far.

It's an OK solution, but it still almost requires the user to move the block so that it's centered before stretching the ends out.