Author Topic: text styles (difference for proposed & existing)  (Read 1552 times)

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
text styles (difference for proposed & existing)
« on: December 03, 2008, 11:22:55 AM »
the last firm i worked for used italicized text for Existing labels to easily distinguish b/w proposed and existing. the new firm i'm working for didn't have any kind of standards when i came on (part of why they hired me), a week after i started, we sat through the c3d 09 training and the boss is wanting to switch to c3d asap. i was wondering, since c3d works a little different, forcing me to make twice the styles for labels to work with both existing and proposed, granted, i guess i have to anyway, to account for layering.
i was just wondering if anyone would mind shedding a little light on what they are doing in c3d? the text doesn't have to be a different style (just looks a little nicer), but i guess i still have to make separate styles to make one smaller than the other.

i feel like a complete moron asking these questions, but i'm trying to setup standards in an office (totally new job) that doesn't have any and trying to be able to make the switch to c3d (only experience is the training we had) all at the same time.
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox

sinc

Re: text styles (difference for proposed & existing)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 11:32:21 AM »
Don't know why you feel like a moron.

I've been asking those same questions ever since I started using C3D, with the 2007 version (I tried 2006, and very quickly canned it as being too buggy and incomplete).  Autodesk has yet to do a single thing about this problem, and I can't even tell if they view it as a problem.

I call it "The Style-Breeding Problem" myself.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: text styles (difference for proposed & existing)
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 01:38:02 PM »
could be that you might have gotten poor training from the autodesk source, as I see a lot of this happening to innocent folks just like yourself....

and as sinc said, your are going to have a multitude of styles, and that is just as autodesk wants it to be...because they don't care (as they have your money tied up in the subscription program)
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/