Author Topic: Viewport question  (Read 4886 times)

One Shot

Viewport question
« on: September 29, 2004, 02:55:32 PM »
Is there a way to set the LTscale for individual viewport?  If so, can someone start me in the right direction.  I will try to learn how to add to that. :?:

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Viewport question
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2004, 02:57:01 PM »
BTW one shot I tried to reply to your e-mail last night but it bounced. *shrug*
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

One Shot

Viewport question
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2004, 03:04:23 PM »
Quote from: Mark Thomas
BTW one shot I tried to reply to your e-mail last night but it bounced. *shrug*

Thank you for replying last night even though it bounced back to you!

whdjr

Viewport question
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2004, 03:10:57 PM »
Setting the ltscale can be done thru the properties window, so you can get at it using ssget and then just changing the properites either individually or as a selected group or all.  Your input could be at a prompt or in a dialog box, its your choice.

If you need more specific coding just holler. :D

Columbia

Viewport question
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2004, 03:11:46 PM »
I'm not sure why you'd want to?  Can you elaborate a little more?

Have you tried the system variable PSLTSCALE with a value of 1?  Is that type of thing what you are looking for?

One Shot

Viewport question
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2004, 03:35:55 PM »
The reason that I am asking if this could be done is that we have our global ltscale set at 48.000000.   So when we use viewports with different scale factors.  I think that the linetypes will not show properly.  I know that if we set the global ltscale to be 1.000000 and the object ltscale to 1.000000 and have the (Use paper space units for scaling) checked.  The linetypes will show correctly.  

Can someone please verify if I am correct?

whdjr

Viewport question
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2004, 03:40:04 PM »
The way it was explain to me by our Resellor is to set your ltscale within your xref to 1.  Set the ltscale in the target file file to .5 and the psltscale to 1, then set each of the viewports to their appropriate scale.

Does that make since?

hudster

• Gator
Viewport question
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2004, 03:52:16 PM »
The way I think you mean is, say you have 2 viewports, viewport 1 at a scale of  1:10 and viewport 2 at 1:100.

Do you want the linetypes in both viewports to look identical?
So the Ltscale in viewport 1 would be 10, and the ltscale in viewport 2 would be 100?

Is that what your after?
Revit BDS 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, AutoCAD 2017, 2016, Navisworks 2017, 2016, BIM360 Glue

One Shot

Viewport question
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2004, 04:09:29 PM »
Quote from: Hudster
The way I think you mean is, say you have 2 viewports, viewport 1 at a scale of  1:10 and viewport 2 at 1:100.

Do you want the linetypes in both viewports to look identical?
So the Ltscale in viewport 1 would be 10, and the ltscale in viewport 2 would be 100?

Is that what your after?

Yes, that is what I am trying to get at.

Kate M

Viewport question
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2004, 04:38:50 PM »
In that case, set PSLTSCALE to 1 and LTSCALE to 1 (or 0.5, or whatever fraction of your DIMSCALE you usually use).

One Shot

Viewport question
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2004, 05:02:02 PM »
Quote from: Kate M
In that case, set PSLTSCALE to 1 and LTSCALE to 1 (or 0.5, or whatever fraction of your DIMSCALE you usually use).

What does the 0.5 represent?

CADaver

Viewport question
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2004, 05:35:25 PM »
Quote from: One Shot

Okay I was stayin' out cuz' it seemed to be covered, but....

First-
Linetypes are defined in the acad.lin file and each "dash" or "gap" is given a length.  When placed in a drawing that length is then multiplied by the LTSCALE to display the linetype.

Okay so far.

In the past, those of us who used the ACAD.LIN file OOTB had to figure out how LTSCALE related to DIMSCALE, the scale to which we were to plot.  After some faniggling, many of us came to the conclusion that setting LTSALE to half (some a third) of the DIMSCALE (or plot scale) setting provided an acceptable plotted linetype.  So if you were doing a 1/4" =1'-0" scale draing, your LTSCALE would be 24.

Still with me?

Okay, now comes along paperspace (R11) and we need to display the linetype at different scales in differently zoomed windows.  We want the dashes to be the same plotted length whether we zoomed to 1/48xp or 1/12xp.  The PSLTSCALE variable does that, if it's off, zoomed in dashes look longer, if on they plot the same length in all viewports.

BUT, what do we do with LTSCALE? Well in paperspace your plot scale is usually 1:1, so if the same concept holds true from earlier stuff we need the LTSCALE set to half of the plot scale or 0.5.

So now the linetypes are determined by the ACAD.lin file then multiplied by the zoom scale factor of the vieport (PSLTSCALE=1), and then multiplied by LTSALE of 0.5.

Piece 'o cake.

One Shot

Viewport question
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2004, 05:59:20 PM »
Quote from: CADaver
Quote from: One Shot

Okay I was stayin' out cuz' it seemed to be covered, but....

First-
Linetypes are defined in the acad.lin file and each "dash" or "gap" is given a length.  When placed in a drawing that length is then multiplied by the LTSCALE to display the linetype.

Okay so far.

In the past, those of us who used the ACAD.LIN file OOTB had to figure out how LTSCALE related to DIMSCALE, the scale to which we were to plot.  After some faniggling, many of us came to the conclusion that setting LTSALE to half (some a third) of the DIMSCALE (or plot scale) setting provided an acceptable plotted linetype.  So if you were doing a 1/4" =1'-0" scale draing, your LTSCALE would be 24.

Still with me?

Okay, now comes along paperspace (R11) and we need to display the linetype at different scales in differently zoomed windows.  We want the dashes to be the same plotted length whether we zoomed to 1/48xp or 1/12xp.  The PSLTSCALE variable does that, if it's off, zoomed in dashes look longer, if on they plot the same length in all viewports.

BUT, what do we do with LTSCALE? Well in paperspace your plot scale is usually 1:1, so if the same concept holds true from earlier stuff we need the LTSCALE set to half of the plot scale or 0.5.

So now the linetypes are determined by the ACAD.lin file then multiplied by the zoom scale factor of the vieport (PSLTSCALE=1), and then multiplied by LTSALE of 0.5.

Piece 'o cake.

Before that explanation, my cup was 3/4 full with a cold one.  Now my cup is full with a nice cold brew.  That covered my question from the beginning!  So, no need for routine help!  All of you guys are the best!