Author Topic: Line in a dragged label  (Read 1373 times)

SLJOHNSON

Line in a dragged label
« on: November 20, 2008, 06:07:20 PM »
I've been tasked with recreating a label style that is an old standard of the firm. The LDT users require it, C3D users aren't sure it can be done. See the attached file for what the LDT users require.

I know the basic dragged label style is pretty limited, but is there some way I can write a lisp or script or something that will extend the landing to the other side of the text without increasing the size of the arrow or moving the text. Or even just inserting a line segment at the landing end point sized to the width of the text and landing gap.

Other then drawing a line in manually every time, I don't see how to do it with the options available in the style settings.

Thanks much.

S. Leo Johnson

sinc

Re: Line in a dragged label
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 08:20:12 PM »
Maybe like this?

I had to use two styles, one for drag right and one for drag left.  But it pretty much looks the way you want.  (Also attaching C3D 2009 drawing.)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 08:42:25 PM »
That's exactly what I would suggest they do there Richard.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

SLJOHNSON

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 09:52:44 AM »
Thanks Sinc. I was hoping to keep the style count down but that is a wicked cleaver way to do it. Style Creep is the nature of the beast so no sleep lost having to add a couple of more. Would not have thought to change the orientation reference of the label.

Mike, we are trying to talk the two Land Lubbers to go to your training class up here Dec. 1-5. Welcome back to the area. The rest of us have been C3D 2009 on new projects since it came out.

Best

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 10:15:26 AM »
I look forward to seeing them see the light of C3D.

Here's to your Continued success!
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/