Author Topic: Feature lines 2 questions thoughts and methodology for use in Surface breakline  (Read 1398 times)

doggarncity

Hi all
1.  Is it okay to use the feature line as a breakline for a Surface without interferring with Grading and Site. To me and first experience it is a neat way to use a 3D polyline with all the editing tools I had with Toolpac 11, and instead of creating a breakline inside the surface by points?

2. Is there a way to turn off feature lines since it puts them on layer 0 and since I use layer 0 for other things I don't want to turn that layer off. Is this a Civil 3D sin to put anything that isn't Civil3D on layer 0?

Any methodology toward this end would be appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Mike

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Hi all
1.  Is it okay to use the feature line as a breakline for a Surface without interferring with Grading and Site. To me and first experience it is a neat way to use a 3D polyline with all the editing tools I had with Toolpac 11, and instead of creating a breakline inside the surface by points?

2. Is there a way to turn off feature lines since it puts them on layer 0 and since I use layer 0 for other things I don't want to turn that layer off. Is this a Civil 3D sin to put anything that isn't Civil3D on layer 0?

Any methodology toward this end would be appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Mike

Yes, using feature lines as part of a surface is a great way to go.

Set up a style, and plce them on a layer within the style, and then freeze, or Off the layer as required to not display them.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/