Author Topic: Annotation in ADT  (Read 7093 times)

ELOQUINTET

Annotation in ADT
« on: October 23, 2008, 11:22:21 AM »
At my office we dimension and annotate in paperspace. We are using 2007, before annotative objects are available. A coworker of mine was watching a webcast where the person was using 2009 and based on what he said they were able to modify the scale in aecdwgsetup dialog and all annotation and dimensions would scale. I suspect that they had assigned annotation scaling to these dimensions. Can anyone verify if this is a feature that is available in 2007 or if they were using annotative objects and not showing that part. We are trying to sell dimensioning in model space and this would definitely be a big selling point.

Hedgehog

Re: Annotation in ADT
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 11:27:19 AM »
No... it sounds as though they were using Annotative Scaling & that was added to 2008  :-(

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 11:34:48 AM »
i know officially that annotative objects were added in 2008 but am curious what with the scale tab in _AecDwgSetup is tbeing used for.

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 12:13:49 PM »
i know officially that annotative objects were added in 2008 but am curious what with the scale tab in _AecDwgSetup is tbeing used for.

It's just yet another way of doing something in AutoCAD.  Consider it the "scenic route" to change the scale.  Just use the annotation scaling button at the bottom.
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 02:21:31 PM »
ah i see so it only works on newdimensions. it's like going into dimension style and changing the scale factor. this is a different thing and not useful but at least i now know what it's for.

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 03:26:38 PM »
ah i see so it only works on newdimensions. it's like going into dimension style and changing the scale factor. this is a different thing and not useful but at least i now know what it's for.

New dimensions?  As in ANNOTATIVE dimensions?
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 04:14:48 PM »
i mean the scale factor is only applied to dimensions created after changing the scale. if i select an existing dimension and change the scale it has no affect.