Author Topic: Is there a place in the Swamp that all those noob questions get put?  (Read 1958 times)

Co.Mnstr

Is there a section where I can find answers to questions posted by noobs that get answered?

A question like... I am learning how to use code. I want to understand how to collect the names of all the layers and put them in a drow down box, then be able to select several layers to assign to a variable.

Then there will be several postings on how it is done and explainations on why it is done that way. Sometimes the help files are diffuclt to understand and don't always give complete answers.

I would not exactly call it a lilly pond, I'd call it a cesspool.

Thanks,

Bob Wahr

Re: Is there a place in the Swamp that all those noob questions get put?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 01:50:46 PM »
The best way is to use the search feature.  I turned up this gem with it. http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=11076.0

jonesy

• SuperMod
  • Seagull
Re: Is there a place in the Swamp that all those noob questions get put?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 02:52:24 AM »
Co.Mnstr
Theres no noob place as such. Each board has a selection of posts started by noobs. Like Bob has said its a case of using the search to get your answer, or if you know what you want to achieve I suggest you post a question, and if you just want help learning, just ask... The coders here are a great bunch of people, knowledgable and friendly.

I hope that helps you.
Thanks for explaining the word "many" to me, it means a lot.