Author Topic: Dialog Boxs for Blocks  (Read 7185 times)

sinc

Re: Dialog Boxs for Blocks
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2006, 02:29:41 PM »
If you wanted to bring the symbols into the drawing based on the dimscale, how could this BE ACCOMPLISHED?

It may be worth pointing out that this is very easy to accomplish with Tool Palettes.

There are a number of ways to use them.  If you have an existing library of blocks created with 1 drawing for each block, the easiest way is to use Design Center to browse to the directory containing the blocks, then right-click on the directory and select "Create Tool Palette of Blocks".

If you have one drawing with a lot of blocks in it, browse to that drawing in Design Center, right-click on the drawing and select "Create Tool Palette".

Once you have created a tool palette, you can change the properties of multiple tools simultaneously by holding down the SHIFT button and selecting the tools you want.  Or you can click in a blank area of the tool palette and hit CTRL-A to select all of them.  Then right-click and select Properties, and change the Auxiliary Scale to "Dimscale".  This will cause the blocks to be scaled by the current DIMSCALE as they are inserted.

Arthur Gan

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2008, 01:58:36 PM »
hi gary,
i tried your hotblock with bricscad (www.bricsys.com) but could not run it successfully..
can you help to edit the code to run in bricscad?

regards, arthur gan

Is there a tutorail for setting up slides for inserting blocks. Since moving to Arizonia I've seen several companies that have thier blocks set up as a dialog box with slides that when you click on one of the slides that block will insert. My new boss has mentioned setting up each preview as a slide, then image manager to set up a dialog box, but my Cad book does not get in much depth with slides, creating dialog boxs or image manager. If it helps what I am after is very similiar to what "Blockman" looks like. I've had a few replies, but I'm not looking to spend $50-$100

I modified an older version of Hotblocks many years ago, you can download a newer version free from the link below.

;;; by Lintang Darudjati
;;; HotBlocks
;;; A block manager with INI style customization file and a dialog box performing collection-grouping,
;;; file path display, and slide previews as 'hot thumbnails'. Build your own dwg block library with it.
;;; And make them ready to be inserted easily anytime.
;;; http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/1073/download.html

Gary

deegeecees

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2008, 02:09:38 PM »
Icon Menu's?

GDF

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2008, 02:10:24 PM »
Arthur

Bricscad, does it read lisp the same way? My version is heavily modified and part of my overall program.

Gary
Why is there never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over?
BricsCAD 2020x64 Windows 10x64