Author Topic: Skip objects inside a block while checking additions with ObjectAppended  (Read 7516 times)

Viktor

Re: Skip objects inside a block while checking additions with ObjectAppended
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2008, 03:09:47 PM »
CAD Standards (DWS files) anyone...anyone...?

Also, if you must pursue this route, I seem to remember an Adesk sample that did this (in a palette even)...maybe MgdArxDbg...can't quite remember...I'm sure I've seen one though...

We utilize the dws file to its extents, but you can't program logic into a dws file. When we have to send 80% of our work to consultants all across USA, we want to make sure that all follow our standards as much as they can.

But I will have to look into this mgdarxdbg thing you're talking about.

Thanks,
Viktor.

Viktor

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2008, 03:13:38 PM »
BTW, the easiest way to see the order of appended objects, is to fire up ARXDBG and enable it's dbase reactors, then insert a block for instance..........

Since you brought up the ObjectArx SDK, can you explain how I would "fire up" something out of that package? I downloaded it a while back and noticed that most everything in there is c++, I don't have a full Visual Studio package to compile those projects, I know there's ways to compile C# or VB.net projects outside of Visual Studio, but how do I do a C++ project? And should I?

Thanks,
Viktor.

Spike Wilbury

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 07:04:17 PM »
BTW, the easiest way to see the order of appended objects, is to fire up ARXDBG and enable it's dbase reactors, then insert a block for instance..........

Since you brought up the ObjectArx SDK, can you explain how I would "fire up" something out of that package? I downloaded it a while back and noticed that most everything in there is c++, I don't have a full Visual Studio package to compile those projects, I know there's ways to compile C# or VB.net projects outside of Visual Studio, but how do I do a C++ project? And should I?

Thanks,
Viktor.

The SDK ObjectARX samples are basically ready for compile - but it requires VS2002 or VS2005 (no express versions) depending on your AutoCAD version.

Below is the version for 2007:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 10:26:54 PM by Luis »

Viktor

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 08:42:30 PM »

Thanks,
Viktor.

The SDK ObjectARX samples are basically ready for compile - but it requires VS2002 or VS2005 (no express versions) depending on your AutoCAD version.

Below is the version for 2007:

Thanks Luis!

Yea, they won't let a cad junkie like myself have a copy of VS, I had to pull all the guns out to get the express suites.

Thanks again.