Author Topic: Dimension help  (Read 1322 times)

whdjr

Dimension help
« on: September 19, 2008, 09:39:35 AM »
Is there any way to set up a dimension style so that if your distance is less than some number then the output will be multiple lines?

Shinyhead

Re: Dimension help
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 10:27:17 AM »
hmmmm, not in style I don't think, how are you wanting to break up the value, i.e. what is your normal format and how to you want to modify it?
There are a few tricks I can think of that may work, but they will be something you do after the dim is created, they could be put in a macro or lisp routine to hit all the dims below a certain size in a drawing at once.

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 01:26:01 PM »
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

whdjr

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 08:06:56 AM »
Well to give some background for my needs.  This will be used in a Dynamic block.  I create a dimension within the block that tells the distance and adds a word to the end of the string.  Well when the dimension gets too small I wanted the string to drop down to the next line.

Clear?

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 11:30:37 AM »
Yea.  I just don't know if something like whats in the thread I pointed to will work within a block; worse a dynamic block.  I guess if you place an object reactor on a block, it will get placed on all blocks that get inserted, since they all reference the same block, but with dynamic blocks, they create their own block, and I'm not sure that it would get copied over.  I guess some tests are in order.  I might have some time to look into that, but not sure.

Other than that I'm not sure how one would go about doing it, if not with a reactor.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.