Author Topic: I need help creating sheet subsets in ADT/MEP  (Read 2903 times)

commodore

• Newt
I need help creating sheet subsets in ADT/MEP
« on: September 19, 2008, 06:52:07 AM »
I'm using MEP2008 and I'm trying to get a subset created in the "Sheets" folder of my main sheetset.
I can get a subset created in the root just fine with the attached code, but I can't figure out what I need to do to get it to create the subset down in the "Sheets" folder so I would end up with ProjPath\Sheets\Newsubset\*.dwgs
Can someone tell me how to tell vb to create new subsets under my "Sheets" folder (as ADT/MEP stores sheet drawings), instead of the plain vanilla AutoCAD location of directly inside the root sheetset?
Code attached.

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
Re: I need help creating sheet subsets in ADT/MEP
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 08:54:04 AM »
You looking for something like this?
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

commodore

• Newt
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 12:28:28 PM »
Could be. I'm a newbie to VBA so let me soak it in and I'll let you know.
Thanks for replying.

commodore

• Newt
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 04:26:15 PM »
Ok, I've looked this over and unless I've missed the boat (entirely possible!) I don't think this is what I was after.
Looks like this creates in the root project directory and places the drawings in the subsets in them just like vanilla Acad.
You appear to have ADT/MEP, so let me try to explain better.
I'm using the Project Navigator and my project path is O:\Comm_Custom\enu\test proj folder\9A677-A. By default the PN places sub-directories in this project folder, one of those being Sheets for storing... well.. Sheets.
When you create a subset by right clicking on the root sheetset and select new and get to the subset properties dialog one one of the options is a check box to "Create folders relative to parent subset storage location", if you select this check box the new subset will be created, and a new directory gets created under "Sheets" that any new sheet drawings in that subset will be stored in. So if were to manually create a new subset called "Submittal 8.5x11" with the "Create folders relative to parent subset storage location" selected I would end up with a new folder O:\Comm_Custom\enu\test proj folder\9A677-A\Sheets\Submittal 8.5x11 that any sheets added to that subset will now be stored in.
I cant figure out how to get this done with VB, get the folder (subset) created and have the PN recognize it to dump sheet drawing into.

commodore

• Newt
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 07:48:43 AM »
You looking for something like this?
Do you have any other ideas? (see above).

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 09:20:14 AM »
I cant figure out how to get this done with VB, get the folder (subset) created and have the PN recognize it to dump sheet drawing into.
Sounds like you're on your own with this one.  I'm not sure how PN works and/or reads the info.  I would assume there's another XML in there somewhere.
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io