Author Topic: help with layer  (Read 11772 times)

ELOQUINTET

help with layer
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2004, 04:22:49 PM »
sorry about that mdub haven't gotten around to it will have to try it tomorrow. i know nothing about script writing but have always been curious about how it works. been busy though ya know how it is talk to you tomorrow

hudster

• Gator
help with layer
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2004, 03:58:58 AM »
here is a script for locking layers...

Code: [Select]
;;invoke the layer command
-layer
;;select lock
lock
;;enter layer name
(your layer name here)
;;exit layer command

;;end of script
Revit BDS 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, AutoCAD 2017, 2016, Navisworks 2017, 2016, BIM360 Glue

M-dub

help with layer
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2004, 08:04:24 AM »
Scripts basically work the same way as you typing everything in at the command line.  If it can be done on the command line, it can be done in a script.

ELOQUINTET

help with layer
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2004, 08:33:17 AM »
i tried but not sure if this is the right formatting and not sure how to run it

-layer
;;select on
on
;;enter layer name
z-barcode
;;select plot
off
;;enter layer name
z-barcode
;;exit layer command

;;end of script

M-dub

help with layer
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2004, 08:38:20 AM »
To invoke the script, type SCRIPT at the command line and go find your script file.

Do you have a directory listing of your drawings?

ELOQUINTET

help with layer
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2004, 08:47:36 AM »
ummm ok does my script look like it will work. if so, how do i create the script? i have directories by year then by job number in short

ELOQUINTET

help with layer
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2004, 08:58:06 AM »
well i figured out how to write the script and run it but it's not working i need some help with formatting this

M-dub

help with layer
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2004, 09:02:10 AM »
If it works, you'll either have to open each drawing individually and run the script or you can do the following...I use Directory Printer to make it easier and create my scripts in Excel...Gimme a call if you want to.

OPEN
C:/DIRECTORY/DRAWING1.DWG
-layer
;;select on
on
;;enter layer name
z-barcode
;;select plot
off
;;enter layer name
z-barcode
;;exit layer command

;;end of script
OPEN
C:/DIRECTORY/DRAWING2.DWG
-layer
;;select on
on
;;enter layer name
z-barcode
;;select plot
off
;;enter layer name
z-barcode
;;exit layer command

;;end of script
OPEN
C:/DIRECTORY/DRAWING3.DWG
etc.......

ELOQUINTET

help with layer
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2004, 09:11:32 AM »
yeah that seems way too complicated entering the paths to open. i've done so many drawings that i can't remember which one i've done or not and once i find them i might as well just do it manually. so maybe i outta look at this directory printer sounds like what i need. i'll give ya a call or post here if i get stuck thanks

M-dub

help with layer
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2004, 09:15:30 AM »
If you have LOTS of drawings, create the script to do ALL of them instead of doing it individually.

You should be alright.  You can do this, Dan.  When you see it working after you're done, it's awesome.  I've created entire drawings using scripts.  (1000+ Drawings that were all exactly the same except for the attributes).

hudster

• Gator
help with layer
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2004, 09:24:51 AM »
or you could just download EZscript.

Write one script, assign it to whatever drawings you want, click run script and it'll do them itself.

a whole lot easier.
Revit BDS 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, AutoCAD 2017, 2016, Navisworks 2017, 2016, BIM360 Glue

M-dub

help with layer
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2004, 09:26:35 AM »
Cool...
I might have to try that out.  It's just that I've been doing it the same way for so long that it's hard to change.  Google Search or do you have a website to download it?

ELOQUINTET

help with layer
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2004, 10:19:09 AM »
i created a setup script for starters to set variables and got that goin ok. with the ezscript could i just assign it to run on all drawings in our network i.e. p://projects all subfolders and be done with it. see when i pasted my info in i created the layer so other drawings will not be affected. i just wanna make this as quick and easy as possible. i'll check out ezscript now and see if i can answer my own question thanks

ELOQUINTET

help with layer
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2004, 10:38:06 AM »
well i downloaded ezscript pro 3.1 and set it all up and ran my script on a single drawing and it's been showing the progress screen forever not doin anything, am i missing something here? seems like it's setup to do what i'm lookin for but nuttins happnin. any thoughts?

M-dub

help with layer
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2004, 10:41:52 AM »
I haven't tried it yet, so I can't help you with EZScript....only my own method.  Sorry.