Author Topic: [Autocad 2009] Find/Replace borked?  (Read 2299 times)

jnieman

[Autocad 2009] Find/Replace borked?
« on: September 15, 2008, 10:56:57 AM »
ok I'm having a brain fart I think.

I looked up wild cards and such in the help file to make sure I wasn't throwing in one I wasn't aware of, but the 'dash' is only involved when a term is in brackets [A-D] <<<< like that

So what the heck is going on here?

M-dub

Re: [Autocad 2009] Find/Replace borked?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 11:00:33 AM »
What am I missing?  I think I misunderstood your problem.

In the drawing I have open, I've got 'TB-2' and I added a copy with brackets, '[TB-2]'.  It found both when I searched for 'TB-2'.

jnieman

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 11:04:26 AM »
those detail labels are mtext, and in the bottom it contains the text "D-SIZE SHEET SCALE..."

That's not what we normally use, we use "24x36 SCALE" so I want to replace D-SIZE SHEET with 24x36

When I use "find" to find all instances of D-SIZE SHEET it returns nothing... none...

The screenshot shows exactly what I did to search the drawing, and the window on the upper left shows the results "0 found"

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 11:13:25 AM »
what are these settings?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

jnieman

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 11:20:49 AM »
Same as yours, except I had "Match Case" checked unknowingly... however, I copy/pasted the term exactly from the mtext to the find box... just to avoid any overlooked mistakes.  I unchecked 'match case'

lo-and behold... it now finds them.  Even though they were all capitalized, and I searched for all capitalized .... some reason that triggered -something-

Thanks for the tip.

M-dub

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 11:22:47 AM »
The screenshot shows exactly what I did to search the drawing, and the window on the upper left shows the results "0 found"

Sorry, the screenshot looks like it was resized and I couldn't quite make it out.

M-dub

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 11:24:24 AM »
Thanks for the tip.

Yes, thank-you.  I was having a very similar problem with some other software.  I'm going to see if Match Case has any affect on it.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 11:25:54 AM »
Same as yours, except I had "Match Case" checked unknowingly... however, I copy/pasted the term exactly from the mtext to the find box... just to avoid any overlooked mistakes.  I unchecked 'match case'

lo-and behold... it now finds them.  Even though they were all capitalized, and I searched for all capitalized .... some reason that triggered -something-

Thanks for the tip.

I tried opening your Find Properties First    ;-)
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

jnieman

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 11:30:48 AM »

Thanks for the tip.

I tried opening your Find Properties First    ;-)

:-D

kind of like taking a screenshot of a person's desktop, setting that image as their background, and hiding their icons...

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 11:36:38 AM »
more like suffering from CAD-o-Vision

where everything is viewed through an autocad lense

And I saw that little arrow, and just had to click it....twice to make sure cad hadn't locked up on me  :-D
Be your Best

Michael Farrell