Author Topic: LandXML woes  (Read 1394 times)

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
LandXML woes
« on: September 11, 2008, 07:53:05 PM »
Has anyone ever had a machine refuse to run anything that has to do with LandXML? I mean Import, Export, Reports, etc. This one machine has LDT3, C3D2008 & the companion, and C3D2009 & the companion. I have tried to use LandXML in ALL of these, and NOTHING happens.....well, the screen flashes then just goes back to the Main Acad window. Nothing is repeated at the command line, no Dialogue is presented, there is absolutely no clue anywhere that I even attempted to run a command.

Quite baffling & frustrating. I think it may have to do with the order in which things were installed, but I'd think that at least one of them would work. The order of installs went (I wasn't responsible for the first 3):
C3D2008Companion
C3d2009Companion
C3D2009
C3D2008
LDT3 (must have this for an ongoing project we are doing with another firm)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: LandXML woes
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 11:16:51 AM »
Has anyone ever had a machine refuse to run anything that has to do with LandXML? I mean Import, Export, Reports, etc. This one machine has LDT3, C3D2008 & the companion, and C3D2009 & the companion. I have tried to use LandXML in ALL of these, and NOTHING happens.....well, the screen flashes then just goes back to the Main Acad window. Nothing is repeated at the command line, no Dialogue is presented, there is absolutely no clue anywhere that I even attempted to run a command.

Quite baffling & frustrating. I think it may have to do with the order in which things were installed, but I'd think that at least one of them would work. The order of installs went (I wasn't responsible for the first 3):
C3D2008Companion
C3d2009Companion
C3D2009
C3D2008
LDT3 (must have this for an ongoing project we are doing with another firm)

yes...let me look back at that....

With a previous release 2005/2006 If both products were installed XML would fail, however I just tested 2008/2209 and the XML functions do. As this might be an issue, that somehow I avoided by accidentally installing the the correct order, that and I do not have the Companion product installed.  Food for thought. There might not be a hot fix for it as yet as there was for 2006.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 11:30:54 AM by mjfarrell »
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/