Author Topic: Importing GPS Data into LDD  (Read 1521 times)

NWcivil77

Importing GPS Data into LDD
« on: September 10, 2008, 04:31:14 PM »
So with the market right now we are having to do a lot of small rural grading jobs to make ends meet.  Nevertheless we would like to be able to import gps points for quick and dirty data where it is prudent.  I have figured out how to create a custom point import format that transforms the latitude and longitude to the state plane xyz coordinates. 

I know this is silly and I should really know the answer to this, but my problem is once i import the points i need to mirror them to get them in the proper orientation.  The solution is right on the tip of my tongue but I cannot for the life of me remember what to do.  A typical data point is: Lat/Long input  (45.65369 Lat, 123.00546 Long, 746.00, bldg)

Any help is much appreciated...

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Importing GPS Data into LDD
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 04:40:59 PM »
So with the market right now we are having to do a lot of small rural grading jobs to make ends meet.  Nevertheless we would like to be able to import gps points for quick and dirty data where it is prudent.  I have figured out how to create a custom point import format that transforms the latitude and longitude to the state plane xyz coordinates. 

I know this is silly and I should really know the answer to this, but my problem is once i import the points i need to mirror them to get them in the proper orientation.  The solution is right on the tip of my tongue but I cannot for the life of me remember what to do.  A typical data point is: Lat/Long input  (45.65369 Lat, 123.00546 Long, 746.00, bldg)

Any help is much appreciated...

By mirror I suspect you mean it is off in the wrong quadrant.

You might need to reorder that data in your point file format.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

NWcivil77

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 06:00:40 PM »
Bingo!

The point should have been (45.65369 Lat, -123.00546 Long, 746.00, bldg)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 06:17:29 PM »
Bingo!

The point should have been (45.65369 Lat, -123.00546 Long, 746.00, bldg)

Bingo!

I love Bingo on the first try!
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/