Author Topic: Problems Printing  (Read 4144 times)

Matersammichman

Problems Printing
« on: September 10, 2008, 09:10:56 AM »
I've ran into a problem where some DB's seem to cause Attributed Blocks not to print...but if I remove some of the DB's, the attributed blocks do print.
I also found that if I create a new PS Tab and copy everything over the problem goes away, and if I copy the existing Tab the problem remains, so at first I thought it was a Tab corruption issue. I also found that if I move the atts far enough away, they will print, so it could also be a proximity issue, but that sounds stupid.
I'm having trouble nailing this one down.
Anyone else experience this?
Acad 2007
Resolutions?

whdjr

Re: Problems Printing
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 10:50:41 AM »
Do you have any wipeouts in your DBs?

Matersammichman

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 10:52:48 AM »
Yes

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 10:56:10 AM »
ATTMODE Concept   Procedure   Quick Reference 

Type: Integer
Saved in: Drawing
Initial value: 1

Controls display of attributes.

Off: Makes all attributes invisible

Normal: Retains current visibility of each attribute; visible attributes are displayed; invisible attributes are not

On: Makes all attributes visible

Me thinks the inserted blocks are causing an issue with ATTMODE
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Matersammichman

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 11:39:02 AM »
It's not an Attmode problem.
I've narrowed it down via the suggestion of a friend that ithe problem might be caused by an Anonymous Block, which it is, and it was apparantly created either by a dwg crash, or during a Copyclip/Paste operation...but that's as far as I've gotten.
All I know is although purging alone does not fix the problem, I can copyclip the DB's out, purge the associated Anonymous Blocks out of the dwg, paste the DB's back in, and it prints fine.
Go figure...

whdjr

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 11:40:34 AM »
I think it is an issue with the draworder of your wipeouts and your attributes within your blocks.  They never seem to work quite right.  You stated they showed up if you moved them farther away thus being outside the wipeout.

Matersammichman

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 11:49:58 AM »
I agree that wipeouts have issues, and I could be wrong, but I don't think that's the problem.
I think it's a problem with the way the DB was brought into the dwg via copyclip instead of insertion as a block or from a palette. The reason I think this is because it is an issue in some dwgs, but not others, using the exact same DB's. I suspect they were brought in by different persons using a different method. I've been using these DB's for months with no issue. I insert them from a palette. The person who had problems with the DB's copyclipped them in from another dwg. I wonder if copyclipping in a DB could be changing the Draworder of the entities within the DB?
Dang...did you read what I just wrote?
Talking like that...man, I ought to be making $100+/hour working for Autodesk!
I feel like such a geeky nerd!

whdjr

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 12:05:32 PM »
Somewhere on this forum is information that proves that copyclip does affect blocks differently than inserting them.  I don't remember who or where it was thought.