Author Topic: New Layout from Template  (Read 3063 times)

artisteroi

New Layout from Template
« on: August 27, 2008, 02:56:30 PM »
Does any one know how to use a macro or sub to import a layout from a template into the current drawing?
We have a custom .net app and the boss wants the company template files imported to the drawing with just a few clicks when the app is open. I have never done anything even close to that. Any one know how? or even how to start?
-Lost

Glenn R

Re: New Layout from Template
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 03:13:30 PM »
Have you tried searching this forum?

artisteroi

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 10:51:45 AM »
I have searched the forum a bit but since I am not really sure how to start this thing I am not sure what to actually look for. I have searched "new layout" "new from template" and a couple of other keys but havn't really found anything that shows any sort of proceedure as far as the .net api is concerned. Lots of info on how to do it manually and a couple posts on how to do it with lisp, but I need a .net version. and lisp doesnt translate well.

Glenn R

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 11:06:15 AM »
This shows how to clone the plotsettings from one layout to another.

It will also give you some clues (ie cloning) on how to go about what you want to accomplish.

artisteroi

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 11:38:45 AM »
Thanks Glenn,
I will see if I can modify this a bit to pull in a specific template layout, it looks like it is heding in the right direction.
-Steve

Glenn R

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 11:41:20 AM »
Steve,

Feel free to post your code as you go for help or for others to use for similar problems.