Author Topic: Unable to relect objects in paper space.  (Read 6123 times)

• Bull Frog
Unable to relect objects in paper space.
« on: November 10, 2003, 04:15:53 PM »
From time to time, every hour or so, I am unable to select any objects in paperspace. If I regen all objects in ps. vanish. The only cure is to restart Acad or even re boot.
At the time of failure I will typically have 80% or less system resourcs available.
dwg size 250Kb with a 2.2Mb xref.
System
AMD K7 850
ME
512 RAM
120G hard disk 13G used
Acad 2000i ADT 3.0
16 MB Nvida Riva TNT2 Model 64 pro with upto date driver.

The only change to the system is the new hard drive and a new re-installation of ME.

I suspect the graphics card for no other reason than I have to pick on something!

A possible updated card could be the GeForce4 MX 440 128Mb DDR AGP Graphics Card.

Any ideas to end my suffering???
Alastair Mallett Autodesk Certified Professional
Technical Director
Hunters South Architects

Craig

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2003, 04:23:54 PM »
Sorry I can't give you an exact cure but you might want to try process of elimination. Do have a spare video card you can swap out, or maybe even borrow one from another computer that won't be used for several hours? It's worth trying the swap to see if it solves your problem. Also, for a few hours maybe change your screen resoultion to a smaller size and see if that corrects the problem. Maybe even lower your color quality to something less than what you have. If these things solve your problem with the Nvida Riva TNT2 then it may be this card, or the up to date drivers you installed. The newer driver may be conflicting with something.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific, I have never run into that situation. Those are just some things I would run through if I were in your position.

Oh, one other thing is, I'm not sure about 2000i but if it's there look Tools/Options and find the tab System. Look under it and select the Properties for the current graphics display. There maybe some settings in there that might need looking at. I can't imagine that being the problem but its worth looking at. (That is if 2000i has this option)

Good luck   :?

hendie

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2003, 03:31:44 AM »
you could also try adjusting the graphics acceleration to see if that's an issue

• Bull Frog
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2003, 07:05:39 AM »
I have tried the reduction of the colours, this caused the Hedi drivers to create a sudden full stop scenario. I did not have chance to try the reduced resoultion, that's next. It may be the cause. I forgot that I have updated my screen from 17" to 19" and increased the resoultion.

Keep you posted.
Technical Director
Hunters South Architects

• Bull Frog
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2003, 09:58:40 AM »
[you could also try adjusting the graphics acceleration to see if that's an issue ]
Done that......no change
See alos my reply on cadalog..alos? also.. looks like I will have to remove the wedge in my back pocket and purchace a new card.
Technical Director
Hunters South Architects