Author Topic: Problems with fonts not printing  (Read 1242 times)

whdjr

Problems with fonts not printing
« on: August 15, 2008, 09:04:09 AM »
We have an Oce TDS 300 and run AutoCAD 2006.  We have made no changes or updates in many months.  Just in the last two weeks some of or fonts have refused to plot.  The page is plotted but certain text is missing.  It seems to be any True Type font that is over 3/4" high.  If we change the font to a shape file it plots fine or if we reduce the size it plots fine.  I am completely perplexed and would welcome any suggestions, questions, or advice anyone might have.

This is not an isolated issue.  It is happening on all workstations and all jobs.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Re: Problems with fonts not printing
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 11:31:53 AM »
Could you have installed some software that might have over wrote the existing fonts. Maybe!
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 11:34:59 AM »
Have you tried throwing the Repro desk server out the window??

Or rebooting the controller?
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

whdjr

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 12:26:42 PM »
Ok, I think we might have figured out how to resolve the issue.  It seems the styles were still calling fonts from AutoCAD 2000 (which the support folders are still on the server).  I don't know why they all of a sudden went missing when we plotted but after changing the fonts to a font in 2006 it seems to work.  Most everyone has left here for the weekend so more testing will have to wait till Monday.

Thanks for all the responses.