Author Topic: Structure Names  (Read 1430 times)

dgreble

Structure Names
« on: August 12, 2008, 03:24:56 PM »
Why wouldn't I want to rename a structure and have the name reflected through all the data shortcut drawings?  Is this not a step backwards?

"You reported an issue where the structure names were changed in the source drawing but the consumer drawing didn't reflect the new names.
The names of the structures are set the moment they are created.  If the source drawing's shared object's names changes, they will not reflect the new names.  This is as designed.
The options you have at this point is to either:
1.   Delete the shortcut in the consumer drawing and reload the network (the new names should take at that point).
2.   or rename the structures in he consumer drawing.
Please reply back to let me know if I've understood the question correctly or not.

Best Regards,

Autodesk Support Team"

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
Re: Structure Names
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 03:54:04 PM »
"This is as designed." Then I would say the design needs to be re-thought. I'm with you, if anything changes in the source drawing, then any drawings which reference that source should have those same changes promoted to them. If inverts change, they get reflected so why is structure name any different?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 12:26:28 AM »
Because autodesk says so; it must be..... :lmao:

This is the type of attitude and response to issues; or lack thereof they we are all asking for by not doing anything to KILL the subscription program. It removes their incentive to care or respond to customer issues with the software; well because they have your money already. And there is no market force to get them to fix the defects or deficiencies in their product.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

dgreble

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 08:58:44 AM »
Forgot to add Civil 3D 2009 SP Version 2.
Sorry, enjoy. :-)