Author Topic: need lisps  (Read 25539 times)

ELOQUINTET

need lisps
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2003, 11:52:13 AM »
iyiyi i'm hatin life. mark that one didn't work for me. you have any advice on what happened to my menus above. when i close and reopen autocad now none of my menus load. :cry:

dan

M-dub

need lisps
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2003, 12:06:09 PM »
:oops:  :cry:
I'm sorry, Dan...I should have kept my mouth shut!  I put you into this situation...I'm gonna try to get you out.

What do you mean by "...none of my menus load"?
In AutoCAD, type MENU at the command prompt.  Then find the mnu file and load it.  That should give you the basic AutoCAD menu back unless you saved ACAD.mns as ACAD.mnu...I don't know what happens there...

Does this work?

Again, Dan, I'm truly sorry for screwing you up!  I will try to make it up to you somehow... :oops:

I should have just told you to add the ID_OsnapBtwn   [&Between]_'btwn and left it at that.  It would, however be overwritten if you ever reloaded the mnu file....

Let me know...

daron

need lisps
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2003, 12:11:16 PM »
Not been keepin track on the menu topic, but if you unload and/or reload the acad.mns file, everything else goes bye bye and you have to go in and manually reload them. I think .arg files are good at keeping track of them, but that probably won't help you here.

ELOQUINTET

need lisps
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2003, 12:11:32 PM »
yes i can load the menus but if i close acad and reopen they're gone. i have still not been able to find an .mns file. i even did a search in start and nothing. i had tons of custom flyouts and toolbars for my lisps and everything craaaaap.

dan

daron

need lisps
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2003, 12:13:22 PM »
Does anybody else have your custom menu on their machine? Have you ever put it up on a network to move to other machines? Do you have it at a home computer?

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
need lisps
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2003, 12:14:32 PM »
Dan, I just PM'ed you, please respond.......
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

ELOQUINTET

need lisps
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2003, 12:15:44 PM »
hmmm i just did a search on a coworkers computer and they have .mns files. why don't i?  :cry:

dan

ELOQUINTET

need lisps
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2003, 12:19:14 PM »
daron no noone else has it here unfortunately and it's not on the server. mark what are you saying you pmed me what's that? i thought you meant imed so i opened up my messenger but no?

dan

ELOQUINTET

need lisps
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2003, 12:22:05 PM »
i do have some custom stuff on my computer at home but not everything. guess i should read the creating custom toolbars tutorial huh daron  :cry:

dan

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
need lisps
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2003, 12:25:58 PM »
Quote from: eloquintet
mark what are you saying you pmed me what's that? i thought you meant imed so i opened up my messenger but no?
dan

On the top of this page look for 'Private Messges'

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
need lisps
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2003, 12:35:34 PM »
Apparently we lost Dan...............

Dan, just for grins did you check the Recycle Bin?
What ACAD version/OS are you using?

daron

need lisps
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2003, 12:39:33 PM »
Well, I remember when I started using these boards, Cadalog specifically, I had no idea either. I spent a little time selecting links and found out what was to be had. I had to do the same thing with moderating. That's why I put up the thread on it. VBDesign has a huge pdf file on being a moderator. They teach you everything, including what not to do.

M-dub

need lisps
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2003, 12:39:39 PM »
Well, I guess you guys can enter me into your BAD books. :oops:  :cry:
Please let me know if you want me to keep trying to help or if I've done enough damage already.
It won't help, but...I was only trying to help...

Is the directory containing your menu listed in your Support File Search Path?

Regretfully,
Mike

ELOQUINTET

need lisps
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2003, 12:40:31 PM »
no mark just grabbed lunch i'm here now responded to your message

dan

ELOQUINTET

need lisps
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2003, 01:03:41 PM »
back to the drawing board  :( thanks for trying to help mdub

dan