Author Topic: MText Edit Ribbon Tab Won't Go Away  (Read 1290 times)

jnieman

MText Edit Ribbon Tab Won't Go Away
« on: July 28, 2008, 10:56:21 AM »
Every now and then I find that the MText Ribbon Tab gets... sticky.

Talking about the Ribbon tab that pops up with a bluish-glow whenever I am editing an mtext object.  The one that normally goes away when I click outside the editor, to exit the editor, and go back to the normal drawing...

I find that now and again it won't turn off.  It's annoying because it always tries to hog focus.  If I click the "close editor" button when this happens, on the Ribbon Panel, it does not go away, or respond, or do anything, either.

If I restart Autocad, it returns to appropriate function, but it has happened 3 times this morning alone.

Has anyone encountered this or know what I'm doing that could be causing this?  My main method of closing the mtext editor is to just click outside the editor space.

jnieman

Re: MText Edit Ribbon Tab Won't Go Away
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 11:29:25 AM »
Is this known or unique?  A brief look through some swamp, newsgroup, and google searches didn't turn anything up.

As you can see I have canceled out of anything that could be running... there is no command active, let alone the mtext editor.  In fact, I switched to model space (after the problem showed itself) where there are no actual text objects of any type, and the Ribbon Panel still shows up for mtext editor.  It cannot be closed.

I have installed Service Pack 1

Over the weekend past, I wiped the whole hard drive, reinstalled a clean install of Autocad 2009, and before I even loaded any custom partial CUI files I have on the server, the problem has been rearing it's head.  Since I ruled out that it wasn't a problem with my customized CUI files, I've reverted to using them again, and the problem still persists.

Has anyone come across this?