Author Topic: CUI file question  (Read 1326 times)

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
CUI file question
« on: August 19, 2008, 07:33:26 AM »
Hi Guy's

We are moving from AutoCAD 2002 (gasp) to AutoCAD 2008. Don't ask!  I have 80 CAD stations looking at a network based profile. Which tells the station to use the network file called ACME.cui.  :wink:  I now want to unplug a workstation an send it to a site cabin with no network connectivity to this office.  (security issues on the clients part)   :police: Can I just copy the cui file to a location on his c:drive and point to it there? Or are there other files that I need to copy also.

Your guidance would be very much appreciated

Regards

Diarmuid
If you want to win something run the 100m, if you want to experience something run a marathon

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Re: CUI file question
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 08:02:06 AM »
What if you just copied the entire network folder, the one that contains the .cui file, to the local drive and then point acad to that folder?
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

CottageCGirl

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 08:11:44 AM »
I am doing the same thing, but from 2005 to 2008, my take on it is, that you need to make sure you copy any custom .bmp files so your toolbars look right and any custom lisp files as well.

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 10:31:29 AM »
If you can find someone with Visual Studio or equivilent, you should create a DLL and add all your bmp files to that so you only have to keep up with one file.  :-)
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)