Author Topic: Project-Auditing dwgs to a CAD Standard  (Read 31424 times)

Glenn R

Re: Project-Auditing dwgs to a CAD Standard
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 10:31:09 AM »
Up to the group - in my mind, if we're making a separate program we may as well do the lot, but that's just my opinion...

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 10:33:21 AM »
This is what I had in mind for the layer part.  Kerry B is the author of the first part, and I ahcked together the second
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<LayerData>
  <Layer>
    <Description>Outlines 0.90mm</Description>
    <LayerName>ST90</LayerName>
    <Color>5</Color>
    <LineType>Hidden</LineType>
    <Alias>ST90</Alias>
  </Layer>
  <Layer>
    <LayerName>ST70</LayerName>
    <Description>Outlines 0.70mm</Description>
    <Color>3</Color>
    <LineType>Hidden2</LineType>
    <Alias>ST70</Alias>
  </Layer>

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<NewDataSet>
  <Layers>
    <LayerName>0</LayerName>
    <Freeze>False</Freeze>
    <LayerOn>True</LayerOn>
    <Locked>False</Locked>
    <LineType>Continuous</LineType>
    <Color>7</Color>
  </Layers>
  <Layers>
    <LayerName>Defpoints</LayerName>
    <Freeze>False</Freeze>
    <LayerOn>True</LayerOn>
    <Locked>False</Locked>
    <LineType>Continuous</LineType>
    <Color>7</Color>
  </Layers>

My thoughts were to check what layers were created, turned on and color and frozen.  We always seem to get dwgs back where the layers colors have been changed, things are frozen at random it seems.  Which is always very easy to clean up, I just run my setup program which recreates all the layers w/ correct settings.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 10:37:58 AM by CmdrDuh »
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

Glenn R

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 10:50:25 AM »
OK, if we're going to be using DWS's, there wouldn't be any need for Layer definitions in XML as the layers would be directly in the DWS file...correct? Agree or disagree?

Glenn R

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 10:52:26 AM »
So do we have the list of what we want to check finished?

Probably not, but we'll forge ahead anyway. I don't see any problem with revising the program to cater for new conditions later on...

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2008, 10:55:42 AM »
I was thinking of putting everything in the XML file.  Thinking that each of us would have  a XML file with our perticular settings
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2008, 10:57:36 AM »
OK, if we're going to be using DWS's, there wouldn't be any need for Layer definitions in XML as the layers would be directly in the DWS file...correct? Agree or disagree?
I totally agree we wouldn't need to put the layer info in the XML file.  Now the big question for me is how do we use a DWS file?  do we open it just like a dwg abd read the settings into memory and compare from there?

Glenn R

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2008, 11:00:39 AM »
I totally agree we wouldn't need to put the layer info in the XML file.  Now the big question for me is how do we use a DWS file?  do we open it just like a dwg abd read the settings into memory and compare from there?

Essentially yes. You can see how I'm opening a dwg in memory in the code (readdwg), so, thinking out loud, we'll have some sort of class that has variables for the dws files and loads them in when necessary and you do the compare.

This has the added bonus as it's dealing with acad objects, not xml or anything else in this case....use the dws for what it is - a standards file.

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2008, 11:08:39 AM »
I completely agree, its just I have never done anything like this at all.  Not even in VBA, so you might end up explaining a ton of questions.  Just a forewarning

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2008, 11:09:57 AM »
Sounds like fun.  I'm willing to help when/where I can, as I just got back from vacation, and some work has piled up waiting for me.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

Glenn R

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2008, 11:14:00 AM »
I completely agree, its just I have never done anything like this at all.  Not even in VBA, so you might end up explaining a ton of questions.  Just a forewarning

Well aware of that - no probs.

Glenn R

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2008, 11:14:39 AM »
Sounds like fun.  I'm willing to help when/where I can, as I just got back from vacation, and some work has piled up waiting for me.

Ah...another victim...err volunteer. Good to see you back Tim.

Spike Wilbury

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2008, 11:15:42 AM »
I been also busy, but I can bring the munchies, sodas, tacos, cerveza (beer), goodies, chilaquiles, tostadas, burritos, menudo, etc...  :mrgreen:

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2008, 11:16:20 AM »

Thanks Glenn.... uh I think.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

Glenn R

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008, 11:17:52 AM »

Thanks Glenn.... uh I think.

:evil:

Glenn R

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2008, 11:18:28 AM »
I been also busy, but I can bring the munchies, sodas, tacos, cerveza (beer), goodies, chilaquiles, tostadas, burritos, menudo, etc...  :mrgreen:

Good to hear Luis.