Author Topic: Textbox on toolbar  (Read 2437 times)

MickD

• King Gator
  • (x-in)->[process]->(y-out) ... simples!
Textbox on toolbar
« on: June 30, 2008, 11:00:33 PM »
Does anyone have an example of putting a textbox control on a toolbar with C#? I noticed the 'custom' control type, has anyone had a play with these yet?

What I need is a text box for the user to set a value and have it available to view all the time or change as required.
thanks,
Mick.
"Programming is really just the mundane aspect of expressing a solution to a problem."
- John Carmack

"Short cuts make long delays,' argued Pippin.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Glenn R

Re: Textbox on toolbar
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 06:12:58 AM »
Are you talking about an AutoCAD toolbar or a 'normal' windows toolbar Mick?

MickD

• King Gator
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 05:57:33 PM »
Sorry 'bout that, it would be an acad toolbar, I just need to have standard text box controls to store and display data. I found the cui example in the sdk, I'll have a better look at it today and try and get something started, thanks Glenn.
"Programming is really just the mundane aspect of expressing a solution to a problem."
- John Carmack

- J.R.R. Tolkien

Glenn R

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 05:38:28 PM »
I'm interested to hear what you find Mick, as I thought these weren't possible...just like combos were not...unless you embedded the adesk one for layer for instance, which from memory you just specified as a 'menu id' in your own toolbar and acad would just automagically add it to yours...

Chumplybum

• Newt
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 06:45:02 PM »
found this article on adn, http://adn.autodesk.com/adn/servlet/devnote?siteID=4814862&id=6853598&linkID=4900509

a little over my head though...

MickD

• King Gator
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 10:07:15 PM »
Thanks Chumplybum, I can't get in though...not a member as such. (or the link'site is down??).

Glenn, you're right, as long as you're adding a predefined control it's going to be hard work. I tried deriving from the toolbarcontrol class but as you pointed out, it just grabs a predefined control which I can't add to the control type enum's.
Looks like I might have to go win32 or MFC.
- John Carmack

- J.R.R. Tolkien