Author Topic: CDGpurge 4.0  (Read 9781 times)

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
CDGpurge 4.0
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2004, 05:32:31 PM »
FWIW, I found that SuperPurge from Manusoft works quite well.

Andrew H

CDGpurge 4.0
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2004, 05:33:47 PM »
I haven't tried it yet. What are some of the features?

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
CDGpurge 4.0
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2004, 05:47:16 PM »
Here's a portion of their web page at http://www.manusoft.com :

Features

With SuperPurge, any database object can be purged. In 'normal' mode, only unreferenced objects are available for selection, however the special 'hard' purge mode allows even referenced symbol table objects to be cleanly purged. A dialog interface (click here for a screen shot) sheds light on the hidden objects often wasting space in drawing files, and allows easy and customizable selection for purging. Users can purge by individual selection, wildcards, or by using saved settings. An AutoLISP interface is provided for users who wish to include SuperPurge in their own custom scripts or LISP shortcuts.

Common uses for SuperPurge include drawing file cleanup in preparation for archiving, file size reduction for bloated drawings, cleanup of third party drawing files, and using the dialog interface to visually inspect drawing file contents. Not only is SuperPurge much more powerful than the built-in PURGE command, it is also safer. SuperPurge does an exhaustive inter-object reference check before every invocation, thus ensuring that no database corruption results.

Do you have drawings with layers that won't purge? Proxy objects that won't go away? Download SuperPurge today and put it to the test!

Andrew H

CDGpurge 4.0
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2004, 06:10:41 PM »
wow sounds very nice, I think I'll have to give it a look. Thanks.

One Shot

CDGpurge 4.0
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2004, 07:58:48 PM »
Quote from: Jeff_M
Here's a portion of their web page at http://www.manusoft.com :

Features

With SuperPurge, any database object can be purged. In 'normal' mode, only unreferenced objects are available for selection, however the special 'hard' purge mode allows even referenced symbol table objects to be cleanly purged. A dialog interface (click here for a screen shot) sheds light on the hidden objects often wasting space in drawing files, and allows easy and customizable selection for purging. Users can purge by individual selection, wildcards, or by using saved settings. An AutoLISP interface is provided for users who wish to include SuperPurge in their own custom scripts or LISP shortcuts.

Common uses for SuperPurge include drawing file cleanup in preparation for archiving, file size reduction for bloated drawings, cleanup of third party drawing files, and using the dialog interface to visually inspect drawing file contents. Not only is SuperPurge much more powerful than the built-in PURGE command, it is also safer. SuperPurge does an exhaustive inter-object reference check before every invocation, thus ensuring that no database corruption results.

Do you have drawings with layers that won't purge? Proxy objects that won't go away? Download SuperPurge today and put it to the test!

Will this work ADT 2005?

hyposmurf

CDGpurge 4.0
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2005, 03:26:36 PM »
Back onto CDG purge.I have it installed but have not noticed so far that the file size decreases when using CDG compared to the standard purge tool in CAD 2004.On the website it says it is designed for releases up to 2000.Am I right in presuming that since release 2004 upwards Autodesk have now included a purge tool that is as good as CDG purge?Or am I still awaiting a bummer of drawing for CDG purge to unlease its potential?

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
CDGpurge 4.0
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2005, 03:46:48 PM »
Hypo,

Here is an installer that I put together a while ago of CDG Purge for 2004+.

http://theswamp.org/lilly_pond/ronjonp/CDG%20PURGE%204.0.exe?nossi=1

I would recommend using Keith's endit routine. It will strip everything out of a drawing and it's fast :).

Code: [Select]
(defun C:ENDIT (/ expert cmdecho)
  (Princ "\n   ***ALL - Named Views, Layer Group Filters, Layer Property Filters,
       Layer States, Registered Applications, Pagesetups are GONE!!!***")
  (Princ "\n============================================================================")
  (Princ "\n   ***IMPORTANT - You must close drawing right now WITHOUT saving changes
       and reopen to complete purge.***")
  (Princ "\n============================================================================")
(princ)
 (setq expert (getvar "EXPERT")
cmdecho (getvar "CMDECHO")
  )
  (setvar "EXPERT" 5)
  (setvar "CMDECHO" 0)
  (command "-wblock"
  (strcat (getvar "dwgprefix") (getvar "dwgname"))
  "*"
  )
  (setvar "EXPERT" expert)
  (setvar "CMDECHO" cmdecho)
)

Ron

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

Andrew H

CDGpurge 4.0
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2005, 04:29:58 PM »
The CDG purge really comes alive when you have a drawing that's been touched by 5-10 our companies and their third-party software. I currently have drawings that take 5 minutes to purge, audit, and CDG purge and it drops the file size to an 8th of the original.

I had a post not too long ago about a drawing I had that contained 28,000+ errors. When I did a normal purge, audit or recover the drawing would crash, but when I used CDG purge first (to delete all the third-party crap) the drawing worked fine.

But I guess only time will tell on your own system.

hyposmurf

CDGpurge 4.0
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2005, 04:43:19 PM »
That link you psted with the exe attacehd sall I get is a program with a 0[1] file type?Used that routine and yes it does work,is there anything to be acreful of when using it?

MikePerry

CDGpurge 4.0
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2005, 05:10:58 PM »
Hi

Might want to give PurgeIDS a try -

AutoCAD Layer Filter and APP ID Purge Tool

Have a good one, Mike

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
CDGpurge 4.0
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2005, 05:59:45 PM »
That link you psted with the exe attacehd sall I get is a program with a 0[1] file type?Used that routine and yes it does work,is there anything to be acreful of when using it?

I downloaded the file and it worked fine?.....as far as being careful with that routine....yes. If you use 3rd party or add-on software that uses parametric modeling or has xdata attached to objects, the connections will be lost if you run this. This is why I put the alerts in the program.

(Princ "\n   ***ALL - Named Views, Layer Group Filters, Layer Property Filters,
       Layer States, Registered Applications, Pagesetups are GONE!!!***")

Ron

Custom Build PC

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
CDGpurge 4.0
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2005, 06:02:13 PM »
I currently have drawings that take 5 minutes to purge, audit, and CDG purge and it drops the file size to an 8th of the original.

Andrew,

Use endit.lsp and you won't have to wait 5 minutes.  :D

Ron

Custom Build PC

Crank

• Water Moccasin
CDGpurge 4.0
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2005, 01:32:39 PM »
Quote from: ronjonp
I currently have drawings that take 5 minutes to purge, audit, and CDG purge and it drops the file size to an 8th of the original.

Andrew,

Use endit.lsp and you won't have to wait 5 minutes.  :D

Ron

Sure. It's an old trick.

But you also lose information that you want to keep like GROUPs. :(
Vault Professional 2023     +     AEC Collection

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
CDGpurge 4.0
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2005, 01:45:05 PM »
Crank,

Sure. It's an old trick.

But you also lose information that you want to keep like GROUPs.

I agree that information that you might need could be lost so I use it sparingly. We get our drawings from the client and 9 outta ten times they are littered with junk. I use this lisp to clean up these drawings......I like to start with a drawing that is clean  :).

Ron

BTW...I added groups to the alert that says what is deleted from the drawing. Can you think of anything else?

Custom Build PC

Andrew H

CDGpurge 4.0
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2005, 11:13:27 AM »
Hmmm... What's endit.lsp, that sounds really interesting.

When I get a drawing from an architect, I usually strip it of anything I don't need then turn it into an xref., so loosing groups wouldn't be that bad as long as the walls and important stuff isn't lost.

BTW... I think CDG is not developing their purge tool any longer. I think it'll eventually die out.