Author Topic: Lisp routines loaded and run through dcl file  (Read 2792 times)

Anonymous

Lisp routines loaded and run through dcl file
« on: September 08, 2004, 01:28:44 PM »
I have an existing dcl file that operates with its associated lisp routine. If I wanted to expand the capability how could I ad a button and load and run separate lisp routines?

Thanks

sinc

Lisp routines loaded and run through dcl file
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 09:58:39 PM »
Ummm....  That question's rather vague...

You're actually running a Lisp routine, that loads a seperate DCL file.  The DCL file doesn't DO anything, it just defines the layout of the dialog box.  All the action happens in the Lisp.  (Unless you're saying you have a utility that launches Lisp routines...?)

Make sure you read the help on "Using programmable dialog boxes".  It tells you everything you need, although maybe not in a very clear fashion.  There's also a step-by-step for implementing basic dialog box stuff in the garden path example in the documentation that makes it more understandable.  After you go through that, you should be able to figure out how the routine you have works.  Then you can use it as a "template" to write your own routines.

It also helps to look at the acad.dcl and base.dcl files, so you can see how the various Autocad dialogue boxes are defined.

Once you start doing that, you'll probably have more specific questions that will get you more specific answers.

Alternatively, if you don't really want to learn how to do it yourself and just need something written fast, you could always post a question asking for something that does what you want.  Someone might already have it, or might be willing to whip it out for you... (I don't think some of the people around here actually WORK...  :D )